Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Connect Bridge goes from "Good" status to "Not Discovered"

Connect Bridge goes from "Good" status to "Not Discovered"

I am using the HomeWorks QS v15.7.0 to add a Lutron Connect Bridge to my Homeworks QS system. When I initially added the connect bridge, it work well for about 24 hours. After that, the Lutron Connect app on my iPhone could no longer connect to my system and I could see from the Activate tab of the HomeWorks QS software that the connect bridge status had changed from "Good" to “Not Discovered.” Since that time, I have activated the connect bridge and transferred the program file to the processors multiple times. I have reinstalled the firmware on the processors and done a factory reset of the connect bridge as well…all to no avail. Each time I have tried to activate the connect bridge, it does initially show that it is activated and it shows the status as “Good” however, after not too long of a period of time, the status changes to “Not Discovered.” This change occurs whether or not I transfer the program files to the processors. For what it is worth, if I do transfer the program file to the processors after I activate the bridge, I can see from my router that the connect bridge is connecting with AWS which I assume hosts the cloud service to work with the Lutron Connect phone application. The connect bridge appears to reach out to a number of other IP addresses as well. So the connect bridge is communicating with the outside world after it is activated and transferred to the processors, however the connection between the bridge and the processors seems to be lost shortly after the connection is made. I am using a fixed IP for the two processors as well as the connect bridge. They are all unique IP addresses and do not overlap with any other devices. I can see the connect bridge as well as the processors on my network at all times, even after the processors seem to loose connection with the connect bridge. I can ping any of the devices. The processors and the connect bridge are connected to the same local network. The rest of the system functions flawlessly. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Follow up - The issue is I cannot login to one of the processors

The issue with the connect bridge seems to be that I can no longer log into both processors with terminal. I believe both Terminal and the Connect Bridge use Telnet to communicate with the processors. So...If i can't log into both processors with Terminal, it tells me that the connect bridge also can't log into the processors. I can fine both processors using the DeviceIP tool and the LED's on both processors indicate everything is functioning properly. I can extract the project file form the processor that i can log into, but not the other one. Perhaps this is as simple as one of the processors has different login information than the other one? I don't know how that could have happened. Would a reset of the processor using DeviceIP and then doing a full transfer of the program file potentially fix the issue? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and log into the processor is appreciated.

Connect Bridge Issue Resolved

Just a follow up to let everyone know my connect bridge issue was resolved. I changed on the impacted processor that would not communicate via telnet the device number from 1 to 3 and the IP address from 192.168.1.201 to 192.168.1.207. I don't understand how either of those changes would fix the issue, but they did. I did not have conflicting IP addresses and there are no firewall settings in the router that had anything to do with port 23 (port used for telnet) or any IP address associated with the Lutron system. Bizarre but I am happy it is working.

My guess... the process of changing resolved the issue. It's possible some small bit of data got corrupted. HQS typically uploads the entire program every time. Changing the address(es) replaced the corrupt bit. Or it could be magic!
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I am having the same exact issue

Quote Originally Posted by jaysherwood View Post
    Just a follow up to let everyone know my connect bridge issue was resolved. I changed on the impacted processor that would not communicate via telnet the device number from 1 to 3 and the IP address from 192.168.1.201 to 192.168.1.207. I don't understand how either of those changes would fix the issue, but they did. I did not have conflicting IP addresses and there are no firewall settings in the router that had anything to do with port 23 (port used for telnet) or any IP address associated with the Lutron system. Bizarre but I am happy it is working.

I am not 100% clear on what you just said but I have two processors a 2 link and a 1 link and when I go to add the bridge and connect to my phone the same exact thing happens. Just wont connect. Could you walk me through it I have been on it since 10am and with tech support no success shouldnt be this difficult. No open ports just one eero handing the network. Thanks

Hi Jay, Please can you explain how you got it to remember in the software.... I have tried deleting adding and adding it again...... The unit was fine a month back, it just stopped working on the APP. Was your a new unit? Thanks

I just was having the same problem with a Lutron Connect Bridge. I deactivated the bridge, did a factory set on the bridge, activated it, and then adding in the Lutron Connect app worked. I did not change any configuration settings. During the previous install the bridge did a firmware upgrade, and I suspect something was left miss-configured following the firmware upgrade.