Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro dimmer only works when other dimmer is on

Maestro dimmer only works when other dimmer is on

I don't believe this is a wiring issue, I'm an electrician. I installed these dimmers on a job yesterday. I've never come across an issue like this. The dimmer with the issue controls 3 WAC lotus 4" wafer leds and 2 WAC 4" pop in leds. The 2nd dimmer controls vanity sconces and the 3rd is a 3way with a companion dimmer that controls 2 WAC lotus 4" wafer leds & 1 WAC 4" pop in led without any issues. It seems like the 1st dimmer only turns on when I hit the 3rd dimmer. I did swap dimmer 1 & 2 to see if the dimmer was bad and had the same result. I could not figure out how to post the video here. Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skfp...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    I don't believe this is a wiring issue, I'm an electrician. I installed these dimmers on a job yesterday. I've never come across an issue like this. The dimmer with the issue controls 3 WAC lotus 4" wafer leds and 2 WAC 4" pop in leds. The 2nd dimmer controls vanity sconces and the 3rd is a 3way with a companion dimmer that controls 2 WAC lotus 4" wafer leds & 1 WAC 4" pop in led without any issues. It seems like the 1st dimmer only turns on when I hit the 3rd dimmer. I did swap dimmer 1 & 2 to see if the dimmer was bad and had the same result. I could not figure out how to post the video here. Any help will be greatly appreciated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skfp...ature=youtu.be
    Is there anything connected to the blue terminal of the 1st dimmer? The blue is used for communication only.

Make sure you don't have anything crossed between the 3-way on the right and the 1-pole on the left.

Lutron's wallbox group says it doesn't matter but their systems group says it does so... make sure you have power-in on the black and power-out to the load/next device on the red. If it has a neutral - connect it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

The problem dimmer is only wired as a single pole. Nothing is connected to the blue terminal. All the neutrals are connected together and all devices are wrapped in electrical tape. I did swap the first and second dimmer to see if one was bad and had the same result.
    Thank you

I'm not sure what model you have but the WAC site shows all the Lotos downlights being ELV. Are you using an ELV/reverse phase dimmer?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com