Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron breaks 3rd party integration

Lutron breaks 3rd party integration

Hey !Where do I configure all my integration IDs on 16.4 Lutron Designer ?? I really hope Lutron didn't make idiotic decision to pull this out completely.Anyone knows if new API is cloud only (bad !) or will it work locally on LAN too ? All I know for that is that I am not getting access to it because it's not available in Europe yet.Which mean I can no longer sell Lutron cuz if processor comes out of the box with newest firmware I am fu***d !

Lutron Technical Support
    Thank you for reaching out with your concerns about integration with HomeWorks systems with QSX processors. Integration with our QSX platform utilizes a secure and dynamic API instead of methods like Telnet. The API is unique in that it can be leveraged both via the cloud as well as local integration. For common professional integrations (such as Crestron, Control4 and josh.ai amongst others) these are all being handled locally, just as traditional integrations have been executed in the past with Telnet. The vast majority of these integrations take advantage of the APIs feature that enables the 3rd party to automatically read the system configuration from the Lutron system, removing the need to manage Telnet IDs. For the few integrations that are not able to utilize this data pull feature, the HomeWorks software does still have an integration report that shows the unique href designator for each device, button, and load/shade group and these numbers can be entered into the driver (ex. Crestron SIMPL#). If you have any additional feedback on the integration or have specific companies that you want to integrate with HomeWorks QSX, feel free to email us at workswith@lutron.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan C. View Post
    Thank you for reaching out with your concerns about integration with HomeWorks systems with QSX processors. Integration with our QSX platform utilizes a secure and dynamic API instead of methods like Telnet. The API is unique in that it can be leveraged both via the cloud as well as local integration. For common professional integrations (such as Crestron, Control4 and josh.ai amongst others) these are all being handled locally, just as traditional integrations have been executed in the past with Telnet. The vast majority of these integrations take advantage of the APIs feature that enables the 3rd party to automatically read the system configuration from the Lutron system, removing the need to manage Telnet IDs. For the few integrations that are not able to utilize this data pull feature, the HomeWorks software does still have an integration report that shows the unique href designator for each device, button, and load/shade group and these numbers can be entered into the driver (ex. Crestron SIMPL#). If you have any additional feedback on the integration or have specific companies that you want to integrate with HomeWorks QSX, feel free to email us at workswith@lutron.com.
    Is this new API available to individuals so we can write our own modules if we choose?Also the current QS system files allows us to read the entire system already so we don’t need to enter the integration ID manually if we choose not to depending on how our code is written and how complex we want to write out module.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

The existing QS integration protocol already allows us to read the system file and automatically populate names, zones, etc if we choose to code our module to do it.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post Vining.

At this time the API is not available to the public. If you would have any feedback or integrations you would like to see done, we would recommend email workswith@lutron.com. Hope this helps!