Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hard wiring Lutron Serena in 3 locations in house Reno - Wiring and ceiling pocket?

Hard wiring Lutron Serena in 3 locations in house Reno - Wiring and ceiling pocket?

Hi.I am doing a gut renovation on a house and looking to add hardwire Serena Lutron shades on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor. I would like the power supply in the basement with my other AV equipment and am wondering if there are any distance limits on the wiring?Also looking to recess the shades into the ceiling. Is there a Lutron ceiling pocket product available that fits the Serena product?Thanks

Serena does not have a pocket mount. If you do try to build your own, be sure you have enough room to get at the wiring. You need to be able to open the shade to get at the wiring (or batteries) and the fastening clips. You may be better off with Sivoia QS, if you need pockets. It's designed for Pocket Mount.
    Phil Scheetz
    Lighting Control Solutions
    pscheetz@lightingcontrolsolutions.com

Lutron Technical Support
    Wiring distance limitations are given at the bottom of Page 2: https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...Sub%2012-2.pdf

Started a renovation process in my parents old house, they moved by that moment to apartment near me. I started it on my own, but when the moment comes to the wiring I had to call a local contractor, the guys started from the 1st floor and when it was done, they started the 2nd one and, the biggest surprise was to find asbestos under the roof. My dad told me this was made to exclude inundations or something like that, still have no clear idea why there were asbestos. I spent a lot of time studying top industries at risk of asbestos poisoning and other information about asbestos exposure. So I called experts to safely clean the asbestos so I could continue the renovation process. It's been 2 months since then and I've made a progress, gladly the contractors worked fast, so the wiring where done in a week. A little bit more and the house will ready

Quote Originally Posted by edwin benavidez View Post
    Started a renovation process in my parents old house, they moved by that moment to apartment near me. I started it on my own, but when the moment comes to the wiring I had to call a local contractor, the guys started from the 1st floor and when it was done, they started the 2nd one and, the biggest surprise was to find asbestos under the roof. My dad told me this was made to exclude inundations or something like that, still have no clear idea why there were asbestos. I spent a lot of time studying top industries at risk of asbestos poisoning and other information about asbestos exposure. So I called experts to safely clean the asbestos so I could continue the renovation process. It's been 2 months since then and I've made a progress, gladly the contractors worked fast, so the wiring where done in a week. A little bit more and the house will ready
    I would really love to see the photos of your house before and after, I think I might start a renovation process too, but I would like to see the results of a person who did this by himself.