Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Compatibility between LP-RPM and HW-RPM modules?

Compatibility between LP-RPM and HW-RPM modules?

Hi all - looking for some guidance on this.I am trying to find an upgrade path for a residential system that is based on an older non-residential system comprised of the LCP-128 and a set of LP-RPM modules. I can't find any information about whether these can be used with a QS based system, potentially with an interface adapter or something. Physically they seem identical to the HW-RPM modules. Does anyone have any information on these? I realize they are not compatible with QSX but hoping that perhaps they could be still used with a QS system.Thanks!

Call Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by innerloop View Post
    Hi all - looking for some guidance on this.I am trying to find an upgrade path for a residential system that is based on an older non-residential system comprised of the LCP-128 and a set of LP-RPM modules. I can't find any information about whether these can be used with a QS based system, potentially with an interface adapter or something. Physically they seem identical to the HW-RPM modules. Does anyone have any information on these? I realize they are not compatible with QSX but hoping that perhaps they could be still used with a QS system.Thanks!
    LCP systems had RPM's that were mostly incompatible with HomeWorks. You may want to upgrade all the RPM's and install an MI to make them work with HomeWorks QS (not QSX). If you plan to call Tech Support, its good to have a the date code of the modules and a photo of the harness connector that connects to the LCP Circuit Selector Brain. The harness connector and firmware are the mian differences.
    Phil Scheetz
    Lighting Control Solutions
    pscheetz@lightingcontrolsolutions.com

Quote Originally Posted by pscheetz View Post
    LCP systems had RPM's that were mostly incompatible with HomeWorks. You may want to upgrade all the RPM's and install an MI to make them work with HomeWorks QS (not QSX). If you plan to call Tech Support, its good to have a the date code of the modules and a photo of the harness connector that connects to the LCP Circuit Selector Brain. The harness connector and firmware are the mian differences.
    Thanks for the reply. Since an upgrade is necessary, I suppose another option would be to move to DIN-rail modules and move straight to QSX, correct?

Hey - just in case anyone searches for this - I discovered the correct answer. I acquired an HWI-MI-120 unit from a friend who was upgrading to QSX and a local vendor provided a HomeWorks QS CPU and tested that combination against my installed LP-RPM modules. The result was that they worked great, so the two types of RPM appear to be interoperable and probably only differ by the label. Hopefully that will help someone else down the line.