Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PD-5ANS only seems to work corectly with one LED bulb

(better late than never?)

Oddly I can use two of those on a single pole switch just fine and have in both my basement and garage. My only guess is its down to manufacturing tolerances and I got lucky that the pairs I have don't have too much
    resistance when combined.

My issue was with my outside incandescent bulbs for the front of the house which would not work with a non-dimming switch but did work with a dimming switch.

The garage lights say they have app control. This could be an issue for any electronic control. The switch needs to see the load and the device the app talks to is between the switch and the load. The MLC may help but it seems unlikely since you have a neutral switch. Lutron sometimes says you don't need the neutral. Always connect the neutral.

In a typical 3-way circuit, power comes in at one end and goes up to the light at the other. Sometimes the power and the wire going to the light are at the same end so the electrician will relay one to the other end. You may have lost the neutral or created some other issue if this is the case.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Those LED lights have power supplies that convert the 120V to whatever the LEDs need. Maybe 12 V dc. They likely use an Electronic Low Voltage converter. That is where the incompatibility is. It could be that one ELV in one bulb on that circuit is okay, but two are not. The dimmers allow you to force the dimmer to MLV or ELV mode. I'm not sure if there is any way to force this on the switch version. If so you could try MLV mode, but that is just grasping at straws.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12