Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Issue accessing main repeater with essentials software.

Issue accessing main repeater with essentials software.

I have a customer who has an existing RadioRa2 system in a condo. There is a bad dimmer that needs to be replaced and some other adjustments. The system is a few years old and the electrician that installed it is no longer in business. I have the latest version of essentials on my laptop but cannot access the repeater or even see the repeater when connected to her wifi. There is a yellow decal on the repeater that reads "When using radiora2 pc software, version 7.8.0 or higher is required. I am new to essentails and do not want to mess anything up. Anyone have a suggestion on how to access her repeater with my laptop? Another issue we are having is we have installed some under cabinet lighting where existing under cabinet light was previously installed. It flickers. I tested the voltage coming from the dimmer as well as others in the condo and they 98 volts on the secondary side of the dimmers. I get 120 on the hot side of the dimmer. I seem to remember in Lutron course something about a "green" setting that sets the voltage a little lower to conserve energy.I am sure all of this info was in the lutron course and I will get batter as I go. Thanks for any help or advice.

Was the original system saved with Inclusive? If so, you can't open it with Essentials. Also with the under cabinet, you have to make sure that the lights are dimmable and it matches the type of dimmer that's there. UCLs are almost always ELV loads so you'd need an ELV dimmer with a neutral. Even then, it won't be great. I usually just make UCLs be switched loads...they often have a 2 level switch on them so if it's too bright, they can make it be half the brightness that way. It's a task light anyway so few people actually need it dimmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    Was the original system saved with Inclusive? If so, you can't open it with Essentials. Also with the under cabinet, you have to make sure that the lights are dimmable and it matches the type of dimmer that's there. UCLs are almost always ELV loads so you'd need an ELV dimmer with a neutral. Even then, it won't be great. I usually just make UCLs be switched loads...they often have a 2 level switch on them so if it's too bright, they can make it be half the brightness that way. It's a task light anyway so few people actually need it dimmed.
    I am not sure whether it was saved with Inclusive. How would I find out? The original contractor is no longer in business.

You should probably call tech support...they are pretty good about these things!

I assumed they would tell me to search here :-)

Lutron Tech support suggested plugging directly into the repeater with an ethernet cable and laptop. Extract project. DO NOT UPDATE firmware before doing this.