Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Casita Wireless and HomeKit - Serena Shades suddenly showing as "Blocked" in HomeKit?

Casita Wireless and HomeKit - Serena Shades suddenly showing as "Blocked" in HomeKit?

I have a Caseta Wireless Smartbridge with HomeKit support, and have been loving it. I have dozens of switches, remotes, and several Serena Shades. Now, HomeKit support for the shades have always been a little different. Siri cannot control the shades (yet). For instance, you could never tell Siri to "Close the Shades" but you could always see the shades in a HomeKit-enabled app and control them that way. You could also add the shades to a HomeKit "scene" so that one command could turn off the lights, close the shades, etc.

Today, for the first time in the months I have had this setup, Serena shades show up in HomeKit apps as "Blocked." I can no longer control the shades in HomeKit. I don't know what happened here -- all my Lutron devices except shades continue to work as normal in HomeKit. However, shades are now "Blocked" -- whatever that means!

Was some kind of firmware update pushed to the SmartBridge that could have changed how shades are handled?

Anyone else suddenly unable to control shades in HomeKit?

I should note that the shades can still be controlled just fine in the Lutron app and also using Pico remotes. Its just the HomeKit support that is "blocked." I would appreciate any help.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by shahidhaque View Post
    I have a Caseta Wireless Smartbridge with HomeKit support, and have been loving it. I have dozens of switches, remotes, and several Serena Shades. Now, HomeKit support for the shades have always been a little different. Siri cannot control the shades (yet). For instance, you could never tell Siri to "Close the Shades" but you could always see the shades in a HomeKit-enabled app and control them that way. You could also add the shades to a HomeKit "scene" so that one command could turn off the lights, close the shades, etc.

Today, for the first time in the months I have had this setup, Serena shades show up in HomeKit apps as "Blocked." I can no longer control the shades in HomeKit. I don't know what happened here -- all my Lutron devices except shades continue to work as normal in HomeKit. However, shades are now "Blocked" -- whatever that means!

Was some kind of firmware update pushed to the SmartBridge that could have changed how shades are handled?

Anyone else suddenly unable to control shades in HomeKit?
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently investigating this issue and we will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

4. Likes Staianoa liked this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Shahidhaque, our engineers have been notified about the issue you are having and are currently investigating it.