Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6WCL suddenly started strobing.

PD-6WCL suddenly started strobing.

I have a PD-6WCL that has been successfully installed with (3) with dimmable LEDs for over a year. Overnight they failed. Correctly working yesterday and today all they do is strobe over and over again. Nothing changed in the installation. I don't believe this is a "compatibility" issue as they have been working for +12 Months. Also, if I replace any of the 3 lamps with a different LED lamp they work correctly. If I remove 1 or 2, they continue to strobe. I can interchange the lamps, but as long as I replace one, the strobing goes away. I have checked the fixture wiring and the switch wiring, and all remains fully connected as was originally installed. Assistance. Thanks,

The 6WCL has a minimum load rating. It is typically 1 LED bulb but it could be 3 or more. It is possible that the bulbs got weakened by a surge. Especially since you say replacing 1 with a new bulb makes the strobe stop.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I'm having this issue as well, have you had any success in trouble shooting the problem?

Lutron Technical Support
    Sometimes truly incompatible bulbs will work for awhile and then weaken or fail to perform with the dimming signal after a period of time. Teh following link provides lights that have been tested and approved. https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/L...atibility.aspx

I was able to replace all 3 bulbs with a 75W LED replacement (vs 60W LED) and all functionality has returned.