Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-3PCL Lamp dimmer No longer working

PD-3PCL Lamp dimmer No longer working

Hi,Before the Holidays I purchased the PD-3PCL (part of the package with a pico remote) to add into my home system. It worked great for a few months. Today it just stopped working altogether. The remote it came with still works (green led indicator flashes when a button is pressed), but does not do anything to turn on the lights. While troubleshooting, I removed it from my house in the app, and tried to do a factory reset and noticed that the LED indicator on the plug in device itself no longer lights up. I've tried 3 or four different outlets and multiple lamps, tried repairing remotes, factory resets, etc, but I can't even get the led indicator in the plug in portion to even light up at all. No power goes through the plug in device to the ports on the sides for the lamps (I checked with a multimeter just to be sure). I'm thinking the device itself must have died somehow? It's strange since it was just plugged into the wall without moving for less than 60 days. I gave it the shake test, and it there is a faint rattling spring sound inside (like a broken light bulb), but I didn't do that before it stopped working so it might have always sounded like that.

Fixing the formatting, sorry

Hi,

Before the Holidays I purchased the PD-3PCL (part of the package with a pico remote) to add into my home system. It worked great for a few months. Today it just stopped working altogether.

The remote it came with still works (green led indicator flashes when a button is pressed), but does not do anything to turn on the lights. While troubleshooting, I removed it from my house in the app, and tried to do a factory reset and noticed that the LED indicator on the plug in device itself no longer lights up. I've tried 3 or four different outlets and multiple lamps, tried repairing remotes, factory resets, etc, but I can't even get the led indicator in the plug in portion to even light up at all. No power goes through the plug in device to the ports on the sides for the lamps (I checked with a multimeter just to be sure).

I'm thinking the device itself must have died somehow? It's strange since it was just plugged into the wall without moving for less than 60 days. I gave it the shake test, and it there is a faint rattling spring sound inside (like a broken light bulb), but I didn't do that before it stopped working so it might have always sounded like that.

The 3 LEDs indicate the surge protection has kicked in. There is no recovery.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com