Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie question - how to add/change existing RA2 system

Newbie question - how to add/change existing RA2 system

Hi, I am new to this and need some assistance. We have built a house and had a dealer install Lutron RA2. Number of light switches all using RA2, few additional features (like patio heater over RA2 switch). Have main repeater and a bridge.I'd like to be able to make changes, add new RA2 switches, modify room naming and definitions, add existing lights to certain rooms, name the wall-mount buttons with specific namesHow do I do all that. I tried doing it over Lutron iOS apps, but found it inconsistent between YouTube videos instructions and what's available on AppStore.I downloaded Radio RA2 12.9.0 software to my Windows laptop. It seems like it allows me to create a new project, but I'd like to read what's already programmed and be able to make modifications/additions.My dealer who originally installed it is not very responsive and there is no point in engaging the dealer for small changes.Any help is appreciated,Thanks,D.

You should be able to make changes to programmed light levels, add/delete zones and create/edit timed events. You won't be able to change any button names as it affects engraving.

There are 2 versions of the software: Essentials and Inclusive. Essentials is limited to 1 main repeater and doesn't support a couple of components (like Grafik Eyes, PowPak, et.al.). I'm not 100% sure since I don't use Essentials. Inclusive supports 2 main repeaters and all components.

Inclusive supports extracting (tools, extract project file). I'm not sure if Essentials supports extracting. If your system has a 2nd main repeater or one of the unsupported components, you won't be able to do anything with the Essentials software.

If you are having problems with your dealer go to lutron.com and click on where to buy at the top right. Look for the Lutron Rep in your area. They may be able to help you with your dealer or find another dealer for you to work with.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You should be able to make changes to programmed light levels, add/delete zones and create/edit timed events. You won't be able to change any button names as it affects engraving. There are 2 versions of the software: Essentials and Inclusive. Essentials is limited to 1 main repeater and doesn't support a couple of components (like Grafik Eyes, PowPak, et.al.). I'm not 100% sure since I don't use Essentials. Inclusive supports 2 main repeaters and all components. Inclusive supports extracting (tools, extract project file). I'm not sure if Essentials supports extracting. If your system has a 2nd main repeater or one of the unsupported components, you won't be able to do anything with the Essentials software.If you are having problems with your dealer go to lutron.com and click on where to buy at the top right. Look for the Lutron Rep in your area. They may be able to help you with your dealer or find another dealer for you to work with.
    Thank you for your feedback. I have installed Essential version. I only have 1 main repeater and just Lutron lights/switches for now. How do I import my existing system/setup into the newly installed Radio RA2 Essential software.Right now, Essential is asking me to start new project and when I do I see I can add all the components from scratch, but I really want to use existing setup. How do I do that? How can I import existing setup into RA2 Essential?Thanks,D

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,You'll want to hard wire to the main repeater, open a new project, and go to "Tools" and "Extract". This will pull the existing programming from your main repeater.Jonathan C

Where is Extract option?

Hello - I'm new to the RadioRa2 programming world and am taking the Inclusive training in a couple of weeks. I have the inclusive software loaded on my machine, but I do not see the the Tools menu anywhere. Am I blind? Is it possible that even though it says that my software is inclusive (I unlocked it and it appeared to "work"), it's a locked up version until after the training is complete?