Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: In-wall switch won't turn on

In-wall switch won't turn on

Hi there,I have an in-wall switch that I installed today, and it won't turn on. I think it is likely an issue in the wiring, but I can't seem to figure it out. Hoping that someone here can help me figure it out! Here are the details:2 switch locations control 1 ceiling light fixture: Location 1 installed Caséta Wireless In-Wall Neutral Switch and location 2, installed Pico Remote Control In location 1, I installed the switch. I tagged the wire that was on a different color screw (Black #1). I connected:- the ground from the wall to the green on the switch- the tagged wire (black #1) to the red on the switch- the 2 non-tagged wires (red and black #2) to the black on the switch- the bundle of connected whites from the wall to the white on the switch- capped the blue from the switchIn location 2, I connected black 1, black 2, and red and capped them and them put a separate cap on the ground.When I flipped the breaker back on, the light would not turn on. I thought maybe I'd misidentified the "tagged" wire, so I tried switching it around and connecting the red from the switch to black #2 and to red, but that didn't work either. In both of those cases, the light would turn on and would not turn off (even using the FASS).Any ideas?Thanks!

At the Pico end you need to tie all 3 wires that were attached to the switch together. At the dimmer end tie the 2 wires coming from the Pico end together. You will need to identify which is hot (pair from Pico end or wire from black common screw). The hot goes to the black wire and the other goes to the red. Refer to Caseta Advanced Instructions below.

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...structions.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com