Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Connect two Sunnata Dimmers for two location control

Connect two Sunnata Dimmers for two location control

Hello friends, I'm trying to replace the old switches with Sunnata dimmers and have an issue with the two location control. I installed the Master Sunnata connecting 4 wires per guide (point 7b) and it works well. Then I installed the second Sunnata per same point of the guide, and for some reason the second switch doesn't work at all - the button doesn't light and is fully dead. Is there a specific wiring schema which I should follow when two Sunnatas are used for two-locations control? Currently, as per guide Master is connected to 4 wires, and the Slave is connected to 3 wires. Should I try to connect slave to 4 wires as well following exactly the same color scheme as I used for Master (contrary to what guide suggests)? Is it possible that connecting two Sunnata in two-location control is not supported? If so, I also have a dimmer of other model - Maestro, is it possible to connect Maestro as a Slave of Sunnata? Here are details of my Sunnata wiring: [Master Black wire --- Wall Black wire (tagged), Master Another Black wire --- Wall Red wire, Master Blue wire --- Wall White wire, Master Green wire --- Ground ; Slave Blue wire is NOT used, Slave Black wire --- Wall White wire, Slave Another Black wire --- (Wall Black Wire + Wall Red Wire), Slave Ground --- Ground.] Note that I tried connecting slave black wires vice a versa and it didn't help.

You can't have 2 dimmers controlling the same zone of lights. If you want 2 location control you use 1 Sunnata and 1 mechanical 3-way.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com