Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Maestro dimmer not working (used to work)

Maestro dimmer not working (used to work)

My son did something to my maestro dimmer in our basement. I have two dimmers for the recessed lights. Now if I click one dimmer the lights just flicker and turn off. If I press the other dimmer the indicator lights just blink between DIL1 and DIL2 slowly and the lights blink as well (like one blink per second.) Not sure what to do.I have the MACL-153M dimmer and Philips Hue lights.

Quote Originally Posted by philz82 View Post
    My son did something to my maestro dimmer in our basement. I have two dimmers for the recessed lights. Now if I click one dimmer the lights just flicker and turn off. If I press the other dimmer the indicator lights just blink between DIL1 and DIL2 slowly and the lights blink as well (like one blink per second.) Not sure what to do.I have the MACL-153M dimmer and Philips Hue lights.
    Your son is innocent. The MACL-153 is not compatible with Philips Hue. You are basically dimming a dimmer and they don't like that. You may get the Hue to turn on by doing a double-tap but you are still going through a TRIAC with a default trim of 10% (I think). That will drastically reduce the life of the Hue. I am surprised it worked at all.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

macl-153m dimmer not working

When I installed the dimmer switch it worked perfectly for a few days and then out of no where I went to turn the switch on and it didnt work. It is wired to 6 LED lights in fictures and is the only switch to those lights. not sure if i wired it wrong or not. the green and bare are obviously ground and connect together. But I am then left with a white, a black and a red wire and dont know which screw those connect to.