Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cannot Eliminate 2-Second Turn Off

Cannot Eliminate 2-Second Turn Off

We have a system where we have set both fade and delay to 0 seconds on all commands. Lights turn on instantly but still take about 2 seconds to turn off. All modules are adaptive.

Any idea why they are not going off instantly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by David Haddad View Post
    We have a system where we have set both fade and delay to 0 seconds on all commands. Lights turn on instantly but still take about 2 seconds to turn off. All modules are adaptive.

Thanks
    Hi there

I had a similar problem when i converted to QS version 7.2 from 6.4 the system acted strangly to keypad button presses with the same delays that you have. I then converted to 7.4 and everything was a ok. My system used RPM with MI

Quote Originally Posted by jimathome View Post
    Hi there

I had a similar problem when i converted to QS version 7.2 from 6.4 the system acted strangly to keypad button presses with the same delays that you have. I then converted to 7.4 and everything was a ok. My system used RPM with MI
    Thanks Jim, however we are on the latest version 8.4. Hopefully Lutron will comment and tell me what we might do to address the issue, seems like a bug of some type to me. I've also repaired the file with no change.

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...t=Delay+lights

heres the link to my previous issues if it's any help however my system was an upgrade to qs from an older system.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by David Haddad View Post

Thanks
    Dear David,

The fade rate cannot be removed completely from the dimmers/RPM module. The load will still take time to fade between the two levels. If you wish to have it turn on and off instantly then we recommend changing to a switching relay, RPM-4R, or adding a PHPM-SW to the output.

You should check to make sure that the modules are entered in the software as 4A modules - we have had similar issues when the software showed a 4U module but the actual installed module was a 4A module, and vice versa. Another possibility is that the module output is damaged and locked in the "ON" state and the load is being turned off by the air gap relay in the module - this also results in a 2 second delay in "OFF". It's not likely to happen on a systemwide scale though.