Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RRD-6NA vs RRD-Pro dimming

RRD-6NA vs RRD-Pro dimming

I have a LED fixture that doesn't won't come on if I set the dim level too low with a RRD-6NA dimmer. It will go lower after it turns on, but it won't come on as low as I would like. Would I have better luck getting it to come on at a lower level with a RRD-PRO dimmer?......... Also this is totally off topic but I would rather not start a thread just to ask this. On the Pico remotes with a nightlight, how does the light work? Is it always on?

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I have a LED fixture that doesn't won't come on if I set the dim level too low with a RRD-6NA dimmer. It will go lower after it turns on, but it won't come on as low as I would like. Would I have better luck getting it to come on at a lower level with a RRD-PRO dimmer?......... Also this is totally off topic but I would rather not start a thread just to ask this. On the Pico remotes with a nightlight, how does the light work? Is it always on?
    The electronics in the 6NA and PRO are pretty much the same. The 6NA will automatically detect the required phase control (forward or reverse). The first thing I would do is force it to forward or reverse (right click on the dimmer in the design tab and select advanced settings). In the same area, try bumping the low-end trim up to 5%. You probably won't notice a change in the minimum light level.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com