Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Integration with Harmony Hub

Integration with Harmony Hub

Hi there: I use a Lutron bridge with my Homeworks QS system. I am trying to control the Lutron devices from a Harmony hub system. In the Harmony mobile app, I go to "Add Device" -> "Home Control" -> "Lutron Bridge/Main Repeater". It asks me to sign in to the bridge. I enter my username/password. Lutron asks me to "authorize" Harmony to access the Lutron system. After I do that, the Harmony app first shows "connected" and tries to "retrieve devices". It fails at this stage and says "Sorry we are not able to communicate with your Lutron Bridge/Main Repeater". In the Lutron Connect app, when I go to Settings -> Edit Home -> Connections, it says that Harmony is connected. Has anyone been able to make Harmony and QS work together via the Lutron Bridge this way? Or is that only supposed to work for the Radio and Caseta systems? Many thanks!

I believe Harmony only supports Caseta and RA2 Select. I don't think it supports RA2 or HQS.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Harmony is only for Caseta and Ra2Select. The best you can do is find somewhere to install an IR keypad. I find this kind of limitation asinine- there is no technical reason this couldn’t be done. I have had some success with installing an IR keypad in the AV closet and running an emitter right up to it.

You could also accomplish a much better integration with a third party like Hubitat. Be aware that if and when you convert the QS system to QSX the Hubitat integration will die because Lutron has abandoned Telnet integrations on HomeWorks for their proprietary API.