Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lights stay at full, won't dim or turn off

Lights stay at full, won't dim or turn off

Much of my home is wired with Caseta dimmer switches and and Pico smart remotes. They all were installed before I moved into the house a few years ago, and until last week, they all worked correctly. However, last week, one Caseta switch stopped working properly and I am unsure how to fix it. In the kitchen, I have a Caseta dimmer switch that controls 3 pendant lights. Last week, I replaced the LED bulbs in the pendants to different bulbs. As soon as I did, the lights turned on to full “permanently.” They would not dim or turn off. I am able to turn them off by pulling out the tab at the bottom of the switch that cuts the power. However, it doesn’t reset anything…if I push the tab back in (whether immediately, or a day later), the lights turn back on to full and stay on. Hitting the off button doesn’t work turn them off, nor does the dimming button dim the lights. Can you suggest what I might do to fix this? Thank you!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello,Thank you for your inquiry! We highly suggest using LEd bulbs from our compatibility chart located at www.lutron.com/LEDFinder. If you need further assist, please feel free to email in to support@lutron.com or call us at 1-888-Lutron1 (588-7661) .Thank you.

Make sure the LEDs are dimmable. Not all LEDs are.

Make sure the dimmer supports the phase control requirements of the bulbs. If you have a PD-5NE dimmer, it supports forward and reverse.

If you have a driver that is separate from the bulb there may be a compatibility problem with the bulb/driver.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com