Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Echo Integration

Lutron needs to work with Amazon and get Echo support running ASAP. If not they are just going to get left more in the dust. IFTTT is NOT a good solution, it's a temporary work around at best. My suggestion at this point is a little convoluted, but it works.

Vera - Smart Bridge Pro - Hue-HA-Bridge - Echo

With Caseta plug-in on Vera you can control lights through MIOS/Vera. Hue-HA-Bridge will present any Vera lights as Hue lights to Echo, Echo will activate commands through native HUE interface.

2. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    I have a Smarttthings hub (v2), Harmony Elite Hub (which integrated with both Lutron and Smartthings). Here is how I got all my lutron Caseta dimmers and on/off lutron wireless switches to work with Amazon Alexa (not using IFTTT):
    1. Login to lutron through the harmony hub integration and checked to make sure I can see my lutron light switches on my harmony app.
    2. Create individual activities in my harmony hub to turn on/off a Caseta wireless switches.
    2. In my smartthings app I logged into the smartapp for Logictechs harmony and it discovered my harmony hub and all the activities I created (individual activities for each lutron switch).
    4. Selected all the activities and saved in Smartthings.
    5. Went to my things room and I was able to see the lutron light switches in Smartthings and could turn them on and off my my Smartthings app.
    6. Linked my Smartthings account in Amazon Echo's connected home and then had Alexa discovery my devices.
    7. I can now turn on and off all my lutron lights. The only thing I can't do is use the native dimmer commands to dim the lights; however, I can make activities if I wanted to get crazy for each lutron switch but I figured I'd wait until lutron releases the integration (which I heard from a lutron employee that it is supposed to happen in 30-45 days).

Anyway, while I wait this works very well and is much more responsive than IFTTT.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgurrieri View Post
    I have a Smarttthings hub (v2), Harmony Elite Hub (which integrated with both Lutron and Smartthings). Here is how I got all my lutron Caseta dimmers and on/off lutron wireless switches to work with Amazon Alexa (not using IFTTT):
    1. Login to lutron through the harmony hub integration and checked to make sure I can see my lutron light switches on my harmony app.
    2. Create individual activities in my harmony hub to turn on/off a Caseta wireless switches.
    2. In my smartthings app I logged into the smartapp for Logictechs harmony and it discovered my harmony hub and all the activities I created (individual activities for each lutron switch).
    4. Selected all the activities and saved in Smartthings.
    5. Went to my things room and I was able to see the lutron light switches in Smartthings and could turn them on and off my my Smartthings app.
    6. Linked my Smartthings account in Amazon Echo's connected home and then had Alexa discovery my devices.
    7. I can now turn on and off all my lutron lights. The only thing I can't do is use the native dimmer commands to dim the lights; however, I can make activities if I wanted to get crazy for each lutron switch but I figured I'd wait until lutron releases the integration (which I heard from a lutron employee that it is supposed to happen in 30-45 days).

Anyway, while I wait this works very well and is much more responsive than IFTTT.
    Wow if what you say about the integration within 30-45 days with Alexa that would be great. Do you know if Lutron has plans on integration with SmartThings 2.0 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by cloney View Post
    Wow if what you say about the integration within 30-45 days with Alexa that would be great. Do you know if Lutron has plans on integration with SmartThings 2.0 as well?
    The guy I talked to at Lutron didn't say anything positive about Lutron working with Smartthings; however, I've been bugging the hell outta Smartthings support (myself and all my friends that have Smartthings) for native integration of Smartthings into Lutrons Clear Connect. But for now, the integration with my harmony hub and Smartthings is working great.

Supposingly we are gonna hear some news either the end of April or first couple of weeks in May '16 that Echo will connect to Lutron bridges (like harmony does). This will be a great breakthrough for Lutron Caseta. I hope they also do it for RR2 and other high end lutron switches.

Lutron Technical Support
    OK folks, you asked for it, you got it: As of 9AM on 4/7/2016, the Amazon Echo/Alexa can now directly control the Caseta wireless system!
    (Sorry it took so long, but good things take time.)

This is great news and about a month too late for me. I already bought a wink hub for echo support. Is there a compelling reason to switch from wink to the lutron hub?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
    This is great news and about a month too late for me. I already bought a wink hub for echo support. Is there a compelling reason to switch from wink to the lutron hub?
    Currently the Wink hub can only control the PD-6WCL and the PD-3PCL Caseta dimmers. It doesn't have the ability to control the PD-10NXD dimmer, nor the PD-8S-DV and PD-6ANS switches.

Brian, please tell me the new Radio RA2 Connect Bridge will also support Alexa integration? I have a Connect Bridge on order, and the release date keeps pushing out. I'm hoping it's because they are adding all these new, great features :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dinom View Post
    Brian, please tell me the new Radio RA2 Connect Bridge will also support Alexa integration? I have a Connect Bridge on order, and the release date keeps pushing out. I'm hoping it's because they are adding all these new, great features :-)
    I would love to see the RRA2 also have support. I'd probably switch from caseta to RRA2. I'm very happy to see Lutron and Amazon have integration with echo though

There is finally integration between Caseta and Echo. It officially launched yesterday. I already have it integrated. :) Works well and quite fast! Made a little video of it in action here: https://youtu.be/Gsw8d1XRZYs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast