Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Echo Integration

Scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    There is finally integration between Caseta and Echo. It officially launched yesterday. I already have it integrated. :) Works well and quite fast! Made a little video of it in action here: https://youtu.be/Gsw8d1XRZYs
    thanks for posting your video. I also watched the Lutron sponsored video. Is it just the one scene that you create within Alexa App or can you control scenes/groups you have already created within the Lutron app?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    thanks for posting your video. I also watched the Lutron sponsored video. Is it just the one scene that you create within Alexa App or can you control scenes/groups you have already created within the Lutron app?
    The Echo can only affect individual dimmers and switches that were created in the Caseta app, and groups that you create in the Alexa app, not the Caseta app. It doesn't currently have the ability to trigger shades or scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    What Brian said. You will need to recreate the groups within the Alexa app.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Exciting news - Alexa just got even smarter! Starting today, Caséta Wireless scenes now work with Amazon Alexa, too! Before today, you could control your Caséta lights using Alexa, and now you can also control any manual scenes created in the Caséta app. What this means is that you can now control lights, shades, and even audio (if you're using Sonos) from a simple voice command (e.g. “Alexa, turn on Entertain” or "Alexa, turn on Dining").

Alexa scene support went live earlier today, so the next time you open your Alexa app you should also see all of your manual scenes in the list with your other Caseta Wireless devices. Note that shades still cannot be directly controlled by Alexa, however, you can add shades into a scene in order to have Alexa open/close your shades.

Here are a few other things to consider when using scenes with Alexa:

1. Avoid using the word “scene” when talking to Alexa (e.g. say “Alexa, turn on Dining” NOT “Alexa, turn on Dining scene”.)
    2. Avoid using words like ‘on’ or ‘off’ or ‘music’ in the scene names within the Lutron app (e.g. name a scene ‘Goodnight’ instead of ‘All Off’.)
    3. Just like in the Lutron app, scenes can only be turned on, not off, with Alexa. (e.g. say “Alexa, turn on Goodnight”, NOT “Alexa, turn off Goodnight”).
    4. Manual scenes can be controlled by Alexa, but not scheduled scenes. If you have scheduled scenes that you’d like to integrate with Alexa you need to recreate them as manual scenes.

We will be updating the Alexa FAQs on casetawireless.com/support shortly. Enjoy!

5. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Is there a firmware update required for the Caseta smart hub for Alexa to discover the dimmers/switches?

Just received my echo dot and Discovery is not finding any of my Caseta items.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
    Is there a firmware update required for the Caseta smart hub for Alexa to discover the dimmers/switches?

Just received my echo dot and Discovery is not finding any of my Caseta items.

Did you add the Caseta skill to your echo?

Echo Dot Generation 2 Not Discovering Lutron Caseta Devices

Quote Originally Posted by Eric H. View Post
    Exciting news - Alexa just got even smarter! Starting today, Caséta Wireless scenes now work with Amazon Alexa, too! Before today, you could control your Caséta lights using Alexa, and now you can also control any manual scenes created in the Caséta app. What this means is that you can now control lights, shades, and even audio (if you're using Sonos) from a simple voice command (e.g. “Alexa, turn on Entertain” or "Alexa, turn on Dining").

Alexa scene support went live earlier today, so the next time you open your Alexa app you should also see all of your manual scenes in the list with your other Caseta Wireless devices. Note that shades still cannot be directly controlled by Alexa, however, you can add shades into a scene in order to have Alexa open/close your shades.

Here are a few other things to consider when using scenes with Alexa:

1. Avoid using the word “scene” when talking to Alexa (e.g. say “Alexa, turn on Dining” NOT “Alexa, turn on Dining scene”.)
    2. Avoid using words like ‘on’ or ‘off’ or ‘music’ in the scene names within the Lutron app (e.g. name a scene ‘Goodnight’ instead of ‘All Off’.)
    3. Just like in the Lutron app, scenes can only be turned on, not off, with Alexa. (e.g. say “Alexa, turn on Goodnight”, NOT “Alexa, turn off Goodnight”).
    4. Manual scenes can be controlled by Alexa, but not scheduled scenes. If you have scheduled scenes that you’d like to integrate with Alexa you need to recreate them as manual scenes.

We will be updating the Alexa FAQs on casetawireless.com/support shortly. Enjoy!
    Just got a new Echo Dot. My Lutron Caseta wireless devices work great with Apple HomeKit & Siri and of course the Lutron app, but Echo Dot cannot discover my devices. What can I do?

Thanks,
    Dave S.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
    Did you add the Caseta skill to your echo?
    Bingo. I guess, also, duh. Didn't know I had to add skills. Not in Lutron's instructions. Easy peasy. Thanks!

Yes. Did that (added caseta skill) and the app shows it enabled.

I have reached my 50 limit with Caseta. Truly a mistake from Lutron if it is only a software update. My question is if I add a second Caseta hub to add more devices can the echo/alexa app handle more that one caseta account at the same time?

I do not see how to add an additional Caseta account to the echo Smart home section. I only see disable skill or manage devices in smart home

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

I have reached my 50 limit with Caseta. Truly a mistake from Lutron if it is only a software update. My question is if I add a second Caseta hub to add more devices can the echo/alexa app handle more that one caseta account at the same time?

I do not see how to add an additional Caseta account to the echo Smart home section. I only see disable skill or manage devices in smart home

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast