Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Find DateTime in repeater

Find DateTime in repeater

Hello,I am just wondering if there is a way to find out what format of DateTime was used during programming? I keep getting an error while attempting to extract the programming from a system. I have attempted to change the format on my computer, but still no luck. I have like 5 Date options and 4 time options in short form, and about the same in long form. Other then trying every combination of date and time formats, is there an easier way?Would I be able to find the Date/Time format with telnet? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by stilty View Post
    Hello,I am just wondering if there is a way to find out what format of DateTime was used during programming? I keep getting an error while attempting to extract the programming from a system. I have attempted to change the format on my computer, but still no luck. I have like 5 Date options and 4 time options in short form, and about the same in long form. Other then trying every combination of date and time formats, is there an easier way?Would I be able to find the Date/Time format with telnet? Thank you.
    I believe it was version 6.0 that allowed extraction. You can check the version by entering the IP address of the repeater in a browser. The login/password is lutron, lutron. Look for CODEVER. Prior to 6.0 you could not extract the file. You must also use the same version of the software or be connected to the internet so it can get version info from Lutron.

See the integration protocol (link below) for telnet codes.

https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ary/040249.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I believe it was version 6.0 that allowed extraction. You can check the version by entering the IP address of the repeater in a browser. The login/password is lutron, lutron. Look for CODEVER. Prior to 6.0 you could not extract the file. You must also use the same version of the software or be connected to the internet so it can get version info from Lutron.See the integration protocol (link below) for telnet codes. https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ary/040249.pdf
    I am able to get as far as extraction. The system was programed on 7.8.0, and I have a version of 7.8.0 as well. I'm able to login to the repeater, and discover the repeater with a dummy program in 7.8.0. But I keep getting the error "string not recognized as a valid datetime" when I attempt to extract. My understanding is the date format that was used by the computer that did the original programming is formatted different then the computer I'm using to extract. I've tried numerous date/time combinations, but continue to get the error. I'll review the telnet codes and see if maybe I can get some type of date/time format off the repeater so I can set my computer to match, and hopefully extract the programming.