Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Illumination telnet commands

Illumination telnet commands

Hi all,

As per an earlier thread, I have set up a cueserver mini acting as a dmx interface on a lutron HWI system. Currently, I control it by sending cuescript commands over rs232 and it works a treat, absolutely flawlessly.

I would like to add an an audio matrix and be able to patch audio and control level in various rooms using the seetouch architectural KPs to keep the user interface outside the home theatre as simple as can be.

Rs232 point to point nature is my challenge.

1st question,
    Are these rs232 1master to 4slaves boxes worth a punt? I'm not convinced.

2nd question,
    How would i go about sending telnet commands from the hwi processor to a 3rd party device? I don't see a way via the interface panel such as how I add commands via rs232...am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

I'm reasonably new to this...

Anybody have ant guidance to offer on this? I have set up logins on the ether net link, which I believe could be the first step but im unsure where to program outgoing commands. Appreciate some input.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post elliotWhite.

We do have the integration protocol found here at https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...20Protocol.pdf. We would recommend following this for the next steps. We do not have a Network Device like we do in HomeWorks QS in Illumination. If possible we could send feedback of button presses and have a third party monitor to send commands. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply Josh. Just to clarify, you're saying HWI is unable to send any type of commands from link 9?

Lutron Technical Support
    That is correct. Back in Illuminations, only the RS232 ports can be used to send commands. You can have a 3rd party connection monitor the Ethernet port for button presses on the HWI system and send commands based on that. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron D. View Post
    That is correct. Back in Illuminations, only the RS232 ports can be used to send commands. You can have a 3rd party connection monitor the Ethernet port for button presses on the HWI system and send commands based on that. I hope this helps.
    Thanks, that should be a great help indeed. Are all KPBs present for monitoring on the Ethernet port as standard, or do i have to enable this?