Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Venetian blinds going crazy

Venetian blinds going crazy

I have a Venetian blind (as seen in "045-340 Venetian Chasssis.pdf") which stopped working a while ago having:- the Tilt amber LED lit, and- the LED blinking with double red.Cutting the electricity and reconnecting it was possible to raise and then lower the blind but then it stopped agian. Starting fron the raised position it was possible to lower the blind once, then t stopped again.I also tried to change the power transformer but it did not help.I understand that the double red blinkig means that that it has lost its positions. I tried to set the upper and lower positions but after doimhg so the LED went back to blink double-red + the tilt amber LED litI then tried to set the tilt (Auto set mode, Horizontal slat position) but nothing happend and after a couple of trials the two motors raising/lowering the blind started moving in different directions !Now it looks a mess...

The next step is to reset the shade to factory defaults. However, I don't think that affects the limits.

If it is part of a system, like RA2 or HQS, there may be some tools to work with. Uploading from one of these tools may update the firmware.

FWIW, I've seen this 5-6 times and have never been able to fix it without replacing the motor.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    A solid orange LED on power-on indicates that the blink code given on the RGB LED relates to the tilt module. The most common issue related to the tilt module is limits not being set (solid orange tilt LED and two quick red blinks twice per second on the RGB LED). Do the following commands in EXACT order: 1. Power cycle the shade (the orange LED should remain on) 2. Tap the Tilt button next to the orange LED 3. Tap one of the limit buttons (open or close), Green LED should turn on. 4. Press and hold the Tilt button​ until the Green LED flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    A solid orange LED on power-on indicates that the blink code given on the RGB LED relates to the tilt module. The most common issue related to the tilt module is limits not being set (solid orange tilt LED and two quick red blinks twice per second on the RGB LED). Do the following commands in EXACT order: 1. Power cycle the shade (the orange LED should remain on) 2. Tap the Tilt button next to the orange LED 3. Tap one of the limit buttons (open or close), Green LED should turn on. 4. Press and hold the Tilt button​ until the Green LED flashes.
    ---------------Thanks you for your answer Brian and excuse my very late answer, I did not get any notification about your reply.Once I got the LED flashing green I tried to lower the blinds from the open position but the motors just attempted something (open more I think) and then the solid orange LED turned off and the RGB LED switched into quick blue flashes for some 30 seconds, then all LEDs turned off. Trying both with up and down buttons the motors reacted in the same way againg resutling in no real movement by the blinds, also ending in quick blue flashing.Power cycling again the lights start by quick flashing the RGB LED.Another Lutron gadget (labled with a snakelike arrow and some 20 x 2 cm long. The gadget has a sensor on a cable, looks like a temperature or perhaps daylight sensor) next to the blinds also flashed red-green-red-green a couple of times. THe company installing the Lutron system has not got a clue. Any more suggestions?

Lutron Technical Support
    The LED flashing rapid blue is typically a power issue of some kind. Could you please call our 24-hour Technical Support at 1-844-588-7661 while you are on location? This will be quicker to resolve over the phone that on a forum.