Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Pico Remote Direct Wall Mount

Pico Remote Direct Wall Mount

I just installed a bunch of wireless lamp switches which are paired to Pico remotes (as well as the Smartbridge). The installation went smooth, and everything is working perfectly.

I have a several leftover remotes, which I want to put on the wall. I have purchased a number of the Claro wallplates, but I noticed two things:

1. The included screws don't seem to work for mounting directly to the wall.
    2. There is apparently a separately sold Pico wall plate bracket.

I didn't buy the wall mount kit, as it came with a Pico remote, and have plenty of the remotes already. Do I need the use the Pico wall plate bracket, or can the Pico remote be taped directly to the wall (and then covered by the Claro plate). If the bracket is not necessary, is there any advantage to using the bracket (such as more finished look?), aside, I assume, from the ability to take the remote off the wall and put it back).

I installed two of the wall mount brackets. I think one actually came with the Pico kit I ordered. I used a couple of small small drywall anchors (came with kit) and then screwed in the mounts. But you have a relatively easy I idea regarding mounting. I would suggest that if you're going to 'tape' them up, you might want to consider using some velcro tape versus double sided adhesive. You can cut the velcro to fit the back of the pico, so that when you push the buttons it doesn't move around on the wall. I'm pretty sure than any wall plate surrounding this configuration will look pretty good and save some money. The only other reason to use the wall bracket, is if you are replacing an existing switch (3-way) with the Pico. The wall mount will attach to the switch housing in the wall, where the wires have since been capped off.

Quote Originally Posted by msterling View Post
    I installed two of the wall mount brackets. I think one actually came with the Pico kit I ordered. I used a couple of small small drywall anchors (came with kit) and then screwed in the mounts. But you have a relatively easy I idea regarding mounting. I would suggest that if you're going to 'tape' them up, you might want to consider using some velcro tape versus double sided adhesive. You can cut the velcro to fit the back of the pico, so that when you push the buttons it doesn't move around on the wall. I'm pretty sure than any wall plate surrounding this configuration will look pretty good and save some money. The only other reason to use the wall bracket, is if you are replacing an existing switch (3-way) with the Pico. The wall mount will attach to the switch housing in the wall, where the wires have since been capped off.
    Thanks! I think I will try one without the bracket to see how it looks and works.

I just use the Lutron bracket for Pico, it's very convenient and makes the installation look professional. The part # is PICO-WBX-ADAPT. Notice the back of the mounting precludes slightly and won't allow the Claro gangplate to be 100% flush against the wall. Some people don't notice, others do principally if you expand a one or two gang into a three gang with a Pico and don't break the drywall. Instead of drilling a whole, you can just scrap a piece of the drywall right there where the adapter precludes. See images below of how we went from a one gang to a two gang by adding a Pico. Hope this helps!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3306.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	964.4 KB 
ID:	407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3307.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	874.1 KB 
ID:	408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3308.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	884.3 KB