Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: BOM breakout in RA2 editor?

BOM breakout in RA2 editor?

I really like how the RA2 editor software works. nice work!

One feature request, how about having another report that summarizes where devices are used? Sort of a per-device run-down as an additional bill of materials kind of report.

Why? Because when you've got hundreds of devices and your BOM summary doesn't match up with what you've got on your paper designs it's a bit of a chore to find the discrepancies. You have to wade back through either the design or the Installation Report to find out just where you used an RR-10ND instead of the RRD-6D you'd intended to use.

Granted, you CAN search for this text by saving the Install report to a PDF and then using your PDF reader to find it. But a summary page breaking down which devices and where they're used would really simplify this.

Now, a global search and replace for said mix-ups would be even better! But I can see where that would be a train wreck of complications to program...

2. Thanks Craig W. thanked for this post
    Likes Scottydont liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wkearney99 View Post

One feature request, how about having another report that summarizes where devices are used?

Device Installation Report? When you set up the devices properly in the program, doesn't this report usually layout where all the devices are too be? Locations, type of device, and what its controlling?

The device install report is quite long. If your Bill of Materials report shows, let's say, the wrong dimmer in your counts there's no quick way to search for it. You either have to manually click through the locations on the design, or you have to page through the install report (which could be quite long). I'm just asking for a by-device listing. I'm not saying the program is deficient for not having it. And yes, of course if you set things up properly it would be less likely to happen. But then, mistakes happen and it'd be handy to have a faster way to correct from one.