Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which App for Which HWQS Designer Version?

Which App for Which HWQS Designer Version?

I downloaded v15.x.x but have not upgraded a processor to this version. Current processor has v14.x.x in it and works with the "Lutron Connect" app. I downloaded the newer "Lutron" app to my iPhone but if I try to connect to the system running v14.x.x it says Oops! Wrong App. Is this "Lutron" app only for OSX & v16.x.x or will it work if I upgrade the QS processor to 15.x.x?I love Lutron products, but their rollout of new products is, and has been, a total mess. When QS came out it wouldn't do half the stuff HWI could do until they gradually added features. Now they're doing the same thing with QSX.Lutron: The Future is Here!Me: The Future Sucks!

The Connect app will work with either version of the software but it requires a Connect Bridge.

Home Control+ communicates directly with the processor but won't work with software version 15 or newer.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks for the response!The system has a Connect Bridge and I don't care about Home Control +.But what about the latest Lutron app (with the simple name of "Lutron"), will that work with a Connect Bridge and version 15, or does it only work with the new QSX processor?

The "Lutron" app is for use with Caseta and RA2 Select.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you for the clarification. I don't deal with Caseta or RA2 Select and the Apple App Store lists the various Lutron Apps but doesn't seem to specify which Lutron system the Apps go with. At least I couldn't find.

Lutron Technical Support
    The "Lutron" App works with Caseta, Ra2 Select and HW QSX. It will not work with HWQS or Radio Ra2. Both of those systems use the "Connect App". That being said the "Lutron" App will not work with HWQS. I hope this helps.

RadioRA2 is less good than Caseta. The more expensive system doesn't let me issue Alexa commands by room, e.g., "turn off the kitchen lights" - but the cheaper one does. You also can't make scenes without having keypads. That's extremely silly. Basically this system is abandonware. The only reason I didn't stick with Caseta is that I was concerned about hitting the fifty device limit in a larger home. Otherwise everything about it is superior. shareit get-vidmateapk.com

What do you mean? you can use Radio Ra2 with Alexa quite easily with the Connect app. It used to be that it would only control keypad buttons which were either toggle or single action scenes but now you can control individual dimmers too. Just type in what you want the Alexa command to be.

RadioRA2 is less good than Caseta. The more expensive system doesn't let me issue Alexa commands by room, e.g., "turn off the kitchen lights" - but the cheaper one does. You also can't make scenes without having keypads. That's extremely silly. Basically this system is abandonware. The only reason I didn't stick with Caseta is that I was concerned about hitting the fifty device limit in a larger home. Otherwise everything about it is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by dinkarvid View Post
    RadioRA2 is less good than Caseta. The more expensive system doesn't let me issue Alexa commands by room, e.g., "turn off the kitchen lights" - but the cheaper one does. You also can't make scenes without having keypads. That's extremely silly. Basically this system is abandonware. The only reason I didn't stick with Caseta is that I was concerned about hitting the fifty device limit in a larger home. Otherwise everything about it is superior.
    Good is relative. RA2 and Caseta were designed for different markets.

I have RA2 and I can tell Alexa to "turn the kitchen off" or "turn first floor off." The only problem I have is that Alexa has started pimping Amazon after every command.

The RA2 main repeater has capacity for 100 scenes. No keypad required.

Caseta has a 75 device limit. One difference in RA2 is the 3-way/4-way controls are wired directly to the master control so no address is required. Most 3-way/4-way devices in Caseta require an address.

My only problem with Caseta, and Lutron in general, is Caseta was released in 2014 and has remained relatively unchanged.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast