Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5S-DV-WH seems to have load issues

PD-5S-DV-WH seems to have load issues

I installed the PD-5S-DV-WH switch on a wall switch that controls a plug. In that plug I have two floor lamps plugged in. At first it seemed to work fine but after a couple of toggles I noticed that sometimes the LED on the switch would flash red and the go back to a dull green. Some quick internet research suggested that this was a load issue. This seemed somewhat confirmed to me as I added my iPhone charger to the plug with my phone plugged in and the switch seemed to work just fine. My switch came with a LUT-MLC so I installed that in parallel but it doesn't appear to be having any effect. Does it matter which ends are connected to which on on the switch/LUT-MLC? My "circuit diagram" is as follows: 1. Green wire on switch => copper ground wire in wall 2. Blue wire on switch => cap (no other attachments) 3. Black wire on switch => LUT-MLC and Red wire from wall 4.Black wire on switch => LUT-MLC and Black wire from wall. One other thing that isn't confirmed is that I noticed these issues after I setup the switch with the rest of my Luton Caseta wireless system. Granted I only did a toggle or two before I set it up so it could have just been coincidence but curious if that can have an affect on how much load needs to be on the circuit for it to work appropriately.

Better formatted question

Re-posting question with better formatting, didn't see the issue until after five minutes and couldn't edit
    I installed the PD-5S-DV-WH switch on a wall switch that controls a plug. In that plug I have two floor lamps plugged in. At first it seemed to work fine but after a couple of toggles I noticed that sometimes the LED on the switch would flash red and the go back to a dull green. Some quick internet research suggested that this was a load issue. This seemed somewhat confirmed to me as I added my iPhone charger to the plug with my phone plugged in and the switch seemed to work just fine. My switch came with a LUT-MLC so I installed that in parallel but it doesn't appear to be having any effect. Does it matter which ends are connected to which on on the switch/LUT-MLC? My "circuit diagram" is as follows:
    1. Green wire on switch => copper ground wire in wall
    2. Blue wire on switch => cap (no other attachments)
    3. Black wire on switch => LUT-MLC and Red wire from wall
    4.Black wire on switch => LUT-MLC and Black wire from wall.
    One other thing that isn't confirmed is that I noticed these issues after I setup the switch with the rest of my Luton Caseta wireless system. Granted I only did a toggle or two before I set it up so it could have just been coincidence but curious if that can have an affect on how much load needs to be on the circuit for it to work appropriately.

Was able to solve my own issue when I read the circuit diagram correctly. My wiring above was incorrect. When I wired the LUT-MLC to the red and white wires in the gang it started working perfectly

Glad we could help!
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com