Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-5WS-DV Pro Switch Turn on Problem

Exclamation PD-5WS-DV Pro Switch Turn on Problem

I use this pro switch to control LED cabinet lighting in the kitchen. When turning the lights on from an app (lutron, homekit, alexa etc), the lights flash on and off. On subsequent attempts, sometimes the lights stay on. The more I try, the more likely eventually they stay on. When I use the physical switch itself I never have this problem - that is, always first time on as you would expect. I have the LUT-MLC capacitor installed across the load. If memory serves, performance was even more erratic without the capacitor. The load is LED strip lighting, with the capacitor across the 120V line, which feeds a 12V transformer for the LED lights. I am wondering if changing the size of the capacitor would help, or if there is some adjustment to the switch possible. Also not clear why it is an app only issue ... ? I use Caseta extensively throughout the home -- dimmers, switches, lamp plugs, regular and pro. This is the only problem I experience.

Lutron Technical Support
    Sometimes a second LUT-MLC can solve the issue. Otherwise this may just be a compatibility issue with the load as the signal from the app>Bridge to the unit may be quicker then what is compatible with the lighting load.

Issue Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Sometimes a second LUT-MLC can solve the issue. Otherwise this may just be a compatibility issue with the load as the signal from the app>Bridge to the unit may be quicker then what is compatible with the lighting load.
    Thanks Matt. After I posted I contacted Lutron support. They suggested adding one or more additional LUT-MLCs and sent me a few in the mail. I just added a 2nd one this weekend and problem is solved - first time on, every time, from apps/Alexa.

matt pretty sums it up.

Get a second LUT. should solve the issue.
    Power of Instant Email - get disposable temporary email address FREE.