Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 3 way dimmer switch not responsive, light stays dim and does not turn fully on or off

3 way dimmer switch not responsive, light stays dim and does not turn fully on or off

My 3 way dimmer switch is unresponsive and won’t turn all the way off we’re all the way on. It is the middle switch of a three-way gang of dimmers. Any thoughts on what is wrong?

It's wired incorrectly. There are directions in the Caseta Advanced Instruction on some wiring changes you have to make for a 3-way. See link below.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...structions.pdf
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3 way dimmer switch not responsive, light stays dim and does not turn fully on or off

I have the same issue. Ive been trying to solve it using the advanced PDF instructions from the site, but the closest i can get is either the lights are always on and dim with no response from the switch, or the other outcome is always on full brightness and again no response from the switch.It appears to be wired correctly according to the PDF.I have also tried to swap the switch to the other location, but exact same outcome.The switch is Caseta PD-6WCL I have not installed the bridge yet but i figure its irrelevant until it gets working properly on its own first..House is new if that makes any difference.Original setup was an on/off switch in one location, and a dimmer on the other location and they control 2 light fixtures.. The only strange suspect in my wiring is that the bulb wire (load??) in the upstairs wire box activates both fixtures, however the box located at the bottom of the stairs has two individual black wires for each fixture. Not sure if thats a clue or not.Upstairs box is a single switch box and has 1 Red wire and 2 black wires. (the white wires are tucked in the box, i havent touched them).Downstairs box is a 2 gang and the other switch is on different breaker. For the dimmer, it has 1 Red wire and 3 Black wires. (whites tucked in box).

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello! Thank you for posting on the Lutron Support forums. It sounds like you have a complicated wiring application. We'd advise calling in to speak to one of our agents for live assistance (1-888-Lutron1 (588-7661)) or contacting an electrician for assistance.