Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutron announces Connect Bridge for RadioRA2 (and HW QS)

Lutron announces Connect Bridge for RadioRA2 (and HW QS)

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned here already...

http://www.cepro.com/article/lutron_...with_mo/lutron

Great news for RadioRA2... Essentially RA2 gets all the integration / cloud functionality that Caseta customers enjoy. Remote access via the app also becomes a free feature.

Finally....!

I would like to hear definitively from Lutron that access to the Connect Bridge will be available via the Essentials software (and not require Inclusive). There was no mention of any restrictions in the press release or reports from CEDIA, and I think they'd be crazy to restrict it in that manner, but would like to hear it officially...

What I don't understand is how it'll work in terms of phone integration. What will happen to the Home+ app? Does this mean there will be two apps potentially? What about all the folks who recently paid $30 for Home+?

5. Likes harryknchoi liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geofry View Post
    What I don't understand is how it'll work in terms of phone integration. What will happen to the Home+ app? Does this mean there will be two apps potentially? What about all the folks who recently paid $30 for Home+?
    Well, the new app would appear to require the Bridge. Whether they'll keep the old app around, offer some rebate/trade-in/credit for folks that bought the old app, or just take that as past history, probably won't know until the actual launch.

If someone buys the "old" app very close to the launch of the new one, they can probably get a refund. But this stuff happens all the time - apps that were once "paid" become free, those of us that bought them early got our use out of them (and continue to).

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The Connect Bridge for Radio Ra2 will be available in Essentials and Inclusive. The Home Control+ app will still be able to be used for those that prefer the layout. Remote Access for this app will remain $59.99/ year but the new app that works with the Connect Bridge will have free remote access.

8. Thanks geofry, digit1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    The Connect Bridge for Radio Ra2 will be available in Essentials and Inclusive. The Home Control+ app will still be able to be used for those that prefer the layout. Remote Access for this app will remain $59.99/ year but the new app that works with the Connect Bridge will have free remote access.
    Perfect! Thanks for the clarification, Mike. That sounds like it will make everyone happy. Stay with what you've got, or move up to the Connect Bridge. Looking forward to the new functionality.

Cheers!

When will online training be available for this system? I would like to understand how we'll be able to use this to develop great solutions ASAP for planning solutions. I wouldn't want to install a system for someone in November that isn't optimized for the future, as customers would also feel of course?

jautor, Home+ has always been free to my knowledge, and it shows currently as free on the App Store.

Will the Connect Bridge become part of the Radio RA2 3rd party API? For example, I use an RTI control system layered on to of the Radio RA2, with the RTI system communicating to the Main Repeater over Ethernet. Will the Connect Bridge add any new control/feedback to this system? For example, the battery status of shades, etc?

Thanks

Also noticed there is no mention of Apple HomeKit support for the Connect Bridge, unlike the Caseta system. Is this true? Therefore no Siri integration?

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast