Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  44
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutron announces Connect Bridge for RadioRA2 (and HW QS)

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your feedback, we continue to send everyone feedback and suggestions to our System Development Team so they can look at adding features to upcoming software releases.

Thanks, Mike. Please keep us posted as you receive feedback from your development team. Visibility into the availability of certain features in future releases will help ensure proper decision-making for new systems and system upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    Thank you for your feedback, we continue to send everyone feedback and suggestions to our System Development Team so they can look at adding features to upcoming software releases.

At this time there are no plans for the Connect Bridge to be compatible with Apple Homekit.
    Somebody from marketing and public relations needs to get out in front of this. THIS IS A BAD PLAN.

Sure, there's things about how HomeKit approaches things that aren't in sync with what Lutron believes to be effective, but to keep saying NO to what's arguably the largest likely customer base for higher end things like RA2 and HWQS... that's just suicidal.

Hopefully someone can write a white paper and define the development roadmap of their 3 HA product lines. Failing that, I'd put my money on Caseta being the future feature-rich standard bearer within the Lutronosphere.

I tried to order CONNECT-BDG-1 I'm being told that it has been discontinued, anyone know where to order this?

I completely agree. Hopefully, the feedback received in venues like this will help the realization that there is MEANINGFUL interest in integration of the higher-end product lines with HomeKit. Both existing users looking to make upgrades (some of which have a lot of money invested in existing systems) as well as new potential users do not respond well to the current uncertainty and potential absence of a cost effective path forward. I generally appreciate the Lutron products and hope that all three product lines are being considered "upgrade-worthy".

Quote Originally Posted by xs10shl View Post
    Hopefully someone can write a white paper and define the development roadmap of their 3 HA product lines. Failing that, I'd put my money on Caseta being the future feature-rich standard bearer within the Lutronosphere.

What RF features does the currently shipping Connect Bridge hardware support?

Quote Originally Posted by davisog View Post
    I tried to order CONNECT-BDG-1 I'm being told that it has been discontinued, anyone know where to order this?
    CONNECT-BDG-1 is the correct part number for the Connect Bridge. If your distributor is having problems order one, I would recommend having them contact their Account Manager to see what may be causing their issue.

CONNECT-BDG-1 is the correct part number for the Connect Bridge. If your distributor is having problems order one, I would recommend having them contact their Account Manager to see what may be causing their issue.
    My distributor is telling me that they contacted lutron and it is discontinued, and can not be ordered that is newer model is comming...

I have verified with 2 account managers that CONNECT-BDG-1 is the correct part number and we have a new batch of Bridges that will be ready to ship with that part number next week. If you would like to verify the part number with Customer Service, they can be reached by calling 1-844-588-7661

11. Likes schalliol liked this post
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast