Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  44
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutron announces Connect Bridge for RadioRA2 (and HW QS)

We would like to use HomeKit to send commands to Siri, among other integration between collective HomeKit commands

Check out this thread, which has the most posts and views of any RR2 forum thread in history. It shows a number of applications and examples: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...on-Integration

Siri voice integration is the one feature I'm interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    dinom & krakman,

Thank you for the feedback. The Lutron Connect Bridge will have free remote access, geofrencing, Apple & Android Widgest, and HomeGlance for handsets.

Could you give us some feedback on how would you or your clients want RA2/HWQS to work with HomeKit?

Amazon Echo integration would be good, too...

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your suggestions, and please continue to send us all your ideas of what you would like to see.

5. Likes schalliol liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    dinom & krakman,

Could you give us some feedback on how would you or your clients want RA2/HWQS to work with HomeKit?

I can give you examples, but the key is the freedom for users to create whatever scenarios they want. I would compare it, albeit at a smaller scale, to the Apple App store. In house engineers can never think of all the scenarios that users might want or need. But giving users the right access and platform unlocks all the potential. Just like what apps did for Apple and other companies.

So, I'd want the Lutron Connect Bridge to be able to connect to Wink, Smart Things, Insteon, IFTTT, etc.

Am I dreaming?

7. Likes ekimla liked this post
    For me, the biggest need for integration between these system is a unified "Home/Away" status. I don't care who owns the flag - I just want the various systems/subsystems to all be in sync. I'd like to hit an "Away" RA2 keypad button and have the Nest thermostats get the message (or vice versa). Geofencing same thing - everyone gets the same value, regardless of the method used to change the state. Lots of other scene potentials and nifty integration is possible, but that's the crucial one, IMO...

Jeff

9. Likes ekimla, totesthouse liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by krakman View Post
    I can give you examples, but the key is the freedom for users to create whatever scenarios they want. I would compare it, albeit at a smaller scale, to the Apple App store. In house engineers can never think of all the scenarios that users might want or need. But giving users the right access and platform unlocks all the potential. Just like what apps did for Apple and other companies.

So, I'd want the Lutron Connect Bridge to be able to connect to Wink, Smart Things, Insteon, IFTTT, etc.

Am I dreaming?
    Not dreaming. This is where the market is going.

If want full HomeKit integration with the examples from the other thread. When I ask Siri to settle in for night or similar, it should use the HomeKit device integration to tell the garage doors to close, lights to go to presets, alarm to arm. The beauty of the HomeKit system is that Lutron doesn't have to care what other gear (whether or not I have a door opener) I have as long at it responds to the HomeKit commands designated for it.

I'd also like to see an Apple TV app for RR2, since voice recognition works there to through HomeKit.

Simply, implement the functions available and let Apple worry about what commands to send and when. I know this might feel uncomfortable, but people don't have to enable HomeKit if they don't like it.

11. Likes ekimla liked this post
    For all the new features, I would still like to request that local automation/integration (over network and RS232) is still possible with controllers other than Apple and Nest. It would be really nice, though, if network support was extended beyond telnet :-)

I would like to program the system so that if for example a contact closure or system variable is triggered, a custom automatic email is sent to a user. Applications could be security via lrf2 sensors, leak detection via contact closure, general house maintenance reminders, etc...

14. Likes schalliol liked this post
    This would be awesome. I usually have APC Smart-UPSes with management cards provide clean and reliable power to the repeaters and configure them to report if there are power or environmental issues, but this is rather clunky to do so. It still is preferable to not have to rely on a security system to handle these basic alerts.

16. Thanks ekimla thanked for this post
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast