Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutron announces Connect Bridge for RadioRA2 (and HW QS)

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    Home+ has always been free to my knowledge, and it shows currently as free on the App Store.
    It was always $20, went free just a few days ago. See -

http://appshopper.com/lifestyle/lutron-home-control

How about that. I guess I just forgot since it's a tiny fraction of the pricing of a RR2 system

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    How about that. I guess I just forgot since it's a tiny fraction of the pricing of a RR2 system
    That kind of thinking is precisely how America has ended up with a system where endless fees, surcharges and taxes are tacked onto the price of something.

Homekit

It said there will be support for Apple widgets. I guess that doesn't 100% mean that Homekit will be integrated, but more than likely it will, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dinom View Post
    Also noticed there is no mention of Apple HomeKit support for the Connect Bridge, unlike the Caseta system. Is this true? Therefore no Siri integration?

It would be surprising for Lutron Marketing to miss an opportunity to mention integration to a technology like HomeKit. My guess (and that's all it is) is that there is a reason it wasn't mentioned. Either it isn't going to be integrated to HomeKit or they aren't ready to commit to it yet.

True. Hopefully the latter. They said the new bridge will pave the way for further integration in the future. And if they're going to support Nest, I would think they'd expand to support and have integration with as many devices as possible. That's the way to stay in the game anyway, so they should.

Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post
    It would be surprising for Lutron Marketing to miss an opportunity to mention integration to a technology like HomeKit. My guess (and that's all it is) is that there is a reason it wasn't mentioned. Either it isn't going to be integrated to HomeKit or they aren't ready to commit to it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post

From Lutron's stand-point, they generally do not talk about what is coming until they are 100% sure it will work.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

If it doesn't at least have the Caseta functions, it sure doesn't offer much new over the main repeater.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by dinom View Post
    Also noticed there is no mention of Apple HomeKit support for the Connect Bridge, unlike the Caseta system. Is this true? Therefore no Siri integration?
    Quote Originally Posted by krakman View Post
    True. Hopefully the latter. They said the new bridge will pave the way for further integration in the future. And if they're going to support Nest, I would think they'd expand to support and have integration with as many devices as possible. That's the way to stay in the game anyway, so they should.
    dinom & krakman,

Thank you for the feedback. The Lutron Connect Bridge will have free remote access, geofrencing, Apple & Android Widgest, and HomeGlance for handsets.

Could you give us some feedback on how would you or your clients want RA2/HWQS to work with HomeKit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Could you give us some feedback on how would you or your clients want RA2/HWQS to work with HomeKit?
    I think voice control is the most obvious use case. "Hey Siri, turn off the kitchen lights", etc.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast