Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeworks Illumination System - Keypad LED's not working

Homeworks Illumination System - Keypad LED's not working

I have a Homeworks Illumination system circa 2006 when we built the home, and the keypad (STRD-6BRL) LED's are no longer illuminating, so I'm unable to see what program is running and/or what lights are on. My understanding is that the keypad is discontinued. The electrician who installed my system is no longer a Lutron representative and the closest one to my home in Northern Wisconsin is 3-4 hours away and not interested in doing a service call. Any suggestions??Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dennyerardi View Post
    I have a Homeworks Illumination system circa 2006 when we built the home, and the keypad (STRD-6BRL) LED's are no longer illuminating, so I'm unable to see what program is running and/or what lights are on. My understanding is that the keypad is discontinued. The electrician who installed my system is no longer a Lutron representative and the closest one to my home in Northern Wisconsin is 3-4 hours away and not interested in doing a service call. Any suggestions??Thanks in advance.
    If you have access to the programming software, open the terminal screen and send the command "getdates" It will return the name and date of the last file uploaded. If it runs off the window, hover the mouse above the text and you can see the hidden text.

The STRD is a 120v, radio controlled keypad. You can find them online (eBay, etc.). The base keypad is the same for all non-IR models. If you find a STRD-5B you can use your button kit on it.

You will need the programming software and, of course, the database to activate and program the new keypad. Lutron used to offer a homeowner version of the software. Tech support should be able to direct you to the link.

That system has 1 copy of the program that is running and, if the programmer selected the option when they uploaded, a separate backup copy. You may be able to extract the back up copy. There is a good chance the backup file is corrupted.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com