Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Caseta with PICO 3 Way Wiring 50's house.

Caseta with PICO 3 Way Wiring 50's house.

I'm at the end of my rope trying to get a Caseta Dimmer PD-6WCL in a 3 way configuration. I tried attaching a picture but the button just takes me to the main page. The first floor switch box has a white , a red and black wire. The black wire was connected to the "screw of a different color" that many of the on-line directions refer to. The second floor switch location nearer to the light I want to control has the same color wires but it also has a second set of wires black and white. The white that I think goes up to the light was connected to the black that I think goes down to the first floor. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the second floor switch before I started so I'm not sure where the black that appears to go up to the light(comes out of the same jacket as the aforementioned white wire) was attached on the upstairs switch. Hope this makes sense . I've tried many combinations of wires but I can't get it. Any insight is appreciated.

On the first floor, tie all 3-wires together. On the 2nd floor, connect the black wire to one black on the 6WCL. Connect the other 2 wires to the other black wire.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    On the first floor, tie all 3-wires together. On the 2nd floor, connect the black wire to one black on the 6WCL. Connect the other 2 wires to the other black wire.
    The problem is I have 4 wires in the box upstairs. Two blacks two whites and one red. There are 2 cables upstairs, one cable has a red black and a white. The other cable has a black and a white. The white from this second cable was tied to the black of the other cable the one with the red and white.

correction I have 5 wires upstairs, been at this so long I can't count anymore

Well I've spent at least 8 hours trying to figure this out, with at least 40 trips up and down 2 flights of stairs to the panel in the basement. Guess what it was.....the bulb....shoot me for I am too stupid to live.The bulb in there was a hue smart bulb. Swapped it out with an LED and it works. Got a good work out in I guess.