Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pd-6wcl 3way

Pd-6wcl 3way

I followed the video but I'm still having issues. I took switch A and placed all 3 wires together. Switch B has the common going to the caseta wireless, and has the other two wires going to the other caseta wireless wire. However after turning the power back on the lights just stay on and no leds on the caseta. I took a wire off of the caseta and the lights still came on after reset. Can I not place the caseta on these wires? I really don't want it on the other switch spot.

Thanks for any help.
    Neil

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilalp View Post
    I followed the video but I'm still having issues. I took switch A and placed all 3 wires together. Switch B has the common going to the caseta wireless, and has the other two wires going to the other caseta wireless wire. However after turning the power back on the lights just stay on and no leds on the caseta. I took a wire off of the caseta and the lights still came on after reset. Can I not place the caseta on these wires? I really don't want it on the other switch spot.

Thanks for any help.
    Neil
    Neil, it sounds like you wired it correctly, but something seems to be a little unusual with your 3-way wiring. Could you please call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661? We should be able to help you wire this up and get this running within 1/2-hour at most.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Neil, it sounds like you wired it correctly, but something seems to be a little unusual with your 3-way wiring. Could you please call our 24-hour Technical Support hotline at 1-844-588-7661? We should be able to help you wire this up and get this running within 1/2-hour at most.

Brian
    Neil, were they able to help you? I have the same issue. May be calling that phone # tomorrow.

Cheers,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricV View Post
    Neil, were they able to help you? I have the same issue. May be calling that phone # tomorrow.

Cheers,

Eric
    Customer support got me sorted out right away. Turns out wiring in the Chicago area is different and in a three way, the hot wire is the odd colored one. The key was to connect the two same colored wires to one of the black Caseta wires and the odd-colored wire to the other black wire.