Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Do you need a remote for the Caseta Wireless Lamp Dimmer?

Do you need a remote for the Caseta Wireless Lamp Dimmer?

I have a Caseta Wireless Lamp Dimmer and a Caseta Wireless dimmer wall switch. The instructions show pairing the Lamp dimmer to the remote first, and then pairing that to the wall switch. Can I instead just install both and then pair the Lamp Dimmer right to the wall switch? Thanks.

No. The wall dimmer/switch is not capable of controlling the plug-in lamp dimmer and vice-versa. The Pico remote can control 1 or both of the devices.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    No. The wall dimmer/switch is not capable of controlling the plug-in lamp dimmer and vice-versa. The Pico remote can control 1 or both of the devices.
    Thank you for the reply. So the wall switch really only sends commands to the remote, which then sends it to the Lamp dimmer? I don't need a Hub, do I?

A Caseta switch cannot be used to control another Caseta switch or lamp dimmer. If you want wall control of a lamp dimmer, you use a Pico. You would not need a Bridge/hub unless you want time clock, app functions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cnwinger View Post
    So the wall switch really only sends commands to the remote, which then sends it to the Lamp dimmer?
    The PICO remotes are only capable of one-way communication (send only).

Thank you so much guys for help him and coz of him I also got help and solved my problem

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    A Caseta switch cannot be used to control another Caseta switch or lamp dimmer. If you want wall control of a lamp dimmer, you use a Pico. You would not need a Bridge/hub unless you want time clock, app functions, etc.
    Have to bump this because I am trying to set this up now. So if I understand correctly, the only way to have Wall control of a Lamp dimmer is to use a Pico remote in a wallplate bracket? There's no way to hard-wire to avoid changing remote batteries regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by cnwinger View Post
    Have to bump this because I am trying to set this up now. So if I understand correctly, the only way to have Wall control of a Lamp dimmer is to use a Pico remote in a wallplate bracket? There's no way to hard-wire to avoid changing remote batteries regularly?
    That is correct in the Caseta family. In RadioRA 2 (not RA2 Select) you can have wall mounted keypads that can control plug-in dimmers, wallbox dimmers, and other devices.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

That is correct in the Caseta family. In RadioRA 2 (not RA2 Select) you can have wall mounted keypads that can control plug-in dimmers, wallbox dimmers, and other devices.
    Thank you for confirming. Just need to order the wallplate bracket now.

I will add that Pico's have 10 year battery life, so it's not like you are going to be changing batteries 3 times a year.

11. Likes kimknapp liked this post