Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What led tape lights work with the Caseta?

What led tape lights work with the Caseta?

All I am trying to do is put tape led under cabinet lights in my kitchen. All my current switches are caseta. I bought Elemental( Diode Led) tape lights that say their drivers Omnidrive 2 will maybe work. I called them but they will not commit. Did I make a mistake, if so, has anyone ever used the caseta with tape lights? If so what kind? I need to drive around 100 watts. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jpalatine View Post
    All I am trying to do is put tape led under cabinet lights in my kitchen. All my current switches are caseta. I bought Elemental( Diode Led) tape lights that say their drivers Omnidrive 2 will maybe work. I called them but they will not commit. Did I make a mistake, if so, has anyone ever used the caseta with tape lights? If so what kind? I need to drive around 100 watts. Thanks.
    Their website says their drivers are not compatible with Caseta dimmers (even the Omnidrive 2). That's odd because they show other Lutron CL dimmers as being compatible. Given their inconsistency I question the thoroughness of their testing.

If you have already purchased the Elemental tape you could try using a neutral dimmer (PD-10NXD). However, Elemental shows the PD-5NE (neutral, reverse phase dimmer) as not being compatible.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Their website says their drivers are not compatible with Caseta dimmers (even the Omnidrive 2). That's odd because they show other Lutron CL dimmers as being compatible. Given their inconsistency I question the thoroughness of their testing. If you have already purchased the Elemental tape you could try using a neutral dimmer (PD-10NXD). However, Elemental shows the PD-5NE (neutral, reverse phase dimmer) as not being compatible.
    If I have to byte the bullet and junk the lights I bought I will. But what tape lights can I buy that are compatible? I can't find any. If they work, they don't have a driver large enough. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Jim

My electrician used illuminous drivers, specifically the EV-24V-2000-60D. I don't know what brand the tape lights are but they work fine on normal switches, I have not tried with dimmers though.