Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6ANS Stopped Working

PD-6ANS Stopped Working

Hello - I have a PD-6ANS that's been working for ~2 months with no issues at all that suddenly stopped working over the weekend. Troubleshooting is interesting as the switch is in my basement and hooked up to buried power cables that control two large lampposts!One quick question I have - is the green light on the switch itself supposed to shine if the switch is receiving the right connections? I don't recall what it looked like as the initial installation was quick and painless so I haven't been around the switch since (I will re-wire it again to be sure, but I'm assuming line, load, and neutral were all good to go since it's been working for months). The only things I can think of are:1. All 3 bulbs in BOTH lamposts died at the same time (I don't think so? I need to get on a ladder to check)2. There is another mystery switch that also controls them that someone flipped without knowing3. The switch went badBut would love all of your opinions. Thanks!

Quick update: in the box I can clearly see the black line wire coming in from the breaker and has voltage. The black wire on the Caseta that is connected via a twist nut has voltage when the breaker is on as well. The red wire from the Caseta is connected via a nut to the two red wires going out to the lights, and the two white neutrals from the wires going to the lights are nutted to the white wire from the Caseta. Green is connected to the ground wires.So it looks like the switch has power coming in but not out, and the green light isn't coming on the switch still. Will need to try a different switch in the position I guess?

If you have power and neutral connected to the switch you should see the indicator light glow. It should also turn bright when you operate the switch, even with no load connected.

Based on the fact that you have 2 red wires I think you are on the right track with a hidden switch somewhere.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

So the two red load wires are because there are two lampposts hooked up I guess? I swapped in a Non smart Lutron dimmer that works w all types of bulbs and it works fine - perhaps the main difference is that the dumb switch didn’t need the neutral? Not sure why anything would have changed suddenly after two months though. Next step is to test the Caseta in another spot.