Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How do I wire my PD-6WCL in this 3 way setup? The advanced directions did not work.

Unhappy How do I wire my PD-6WCL in this 3 way setup? The advanced directions did not work.

In this light switch wiring diagram the power feed joins the circuit via the light fixture where a two wire cable (C2) runs from the light, to the first 3-way switch (SW1), and a 3 wire cable (C3) joins the two switches. The hot source is spliced to the white wire (which should be marked as being hot with black tap) and run through to the common terminal of SW1, and from here the hot from the light is spliced through to the common terminal of the second 3-way switch (SW2). Please see the following link to image of my circuit. http://www.howtowirealightswitch.com...via-light1.jpg

You can ignore the fact that the power goes to the ceiling box first. That is standard 3-way wiring.

If you put the 6WCL at SW1, connect the white/hot to one black lead. Connect both the red and remaining white to the other black lead. At SW2, tie all 3 wires together.

If you put the 6WCL at SW2, connect the red and white to one lead. Connect the black to the other lead. At SW1 tie all 3-wires together.

This is the standard wiring diagram on page 6 of the advanced instructions.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com