Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Problems upgrading from old CONNECT bridge to new bridge

Problems upgrading from old CONNECT bridge to new bridge

Hopefully someone can provide some assistance here:Working on a system that hadn't been updated in a number of years. Was running on 10.6 software and had the original white non-homekit enabled CONNECT bridge. I'm trying to update it to the new bridge. (I have confirmed the build date of the bridge (0D8) and it does not need the update patch)First step, I deleted the old bridge from the system software in 10.6. I then upgraded to 12.8 and updated the firmware on the repeater.I then added the new bridge. I pushed the button to make it findable, and the software finds it fine and grabs the proper IP (and I get the message "Found 1 connect bridge on the network".When I then select "Save and Close", I get "Applying network settings to connect bridge with serial number XXXX" (proper serial number of the new bridge), and then in red "An error has occurred. Please try again".I tried again many times, but no luck. I tried a full factory reset of the bridge but it didn't help.Now strangely, I then tried hooking up the old bridge again. I took the original 10.6 file (before deleting the original bridge) and updated it to 12.8. It told me that it had to find the bridge again, so when I tried to find it, I got the same error cycle (finds the IP, but can't save and I get the generic "an error has occurred")Thankfully the old bridge still is knows all of the programming, so it is still working even though it's not saved in the software. But I would really like to get the new bridge programmed so HomeKit will work.Has anyone hit this before? Any recommendations on what the issue could be? The IP address assigned looks fine - no conflicts, and everything on the network is on one subnet so the networking is straightforward.Thanks!

I just upgraded one from rev.1 to rev.2 (Apple). Updating the owners phones was a bit tricky.

I would try changing from multicast to IP address (find main repeater, advanced).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I would try changing from multicast to IP address (find main repeater, advanced).
    Thanks for your reply. Can you explain a bit more what you are suggesting I change. I have DHCP turned off for the main repeater and have an assigned IP address.

Quote Originally Posted by BradInToronto View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Can you explain a bit more what you are suggesting I change. I have DHCP turned off for the main repeater and have an assigned IP address.
    In the design tab, click on find main repeater, then click advanced. There is a drop down to use multicast or the IP address. Sometimes one method works better than the other.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thank you again for your help on this. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place, but I don't see anything with the word "multicast" in the settings. Here are screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ln7f6w3jdc...eater.png?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/olfva8p58h...ridge.png?dl=0 I've set up static IPs in my router assigned to the correct MAC addresses for both devices. The software can see the bridge since it picks up the proper serial number. It's only when trying to apply the network setting to the bridge that it errors out.

Are you running Essentials? There should be additional options between "gateway address" and "Disable Alarm.com."

Try using a different IP address from the previous bridge. I'm wondering if the system is still holding on to that address??

Probably not your issue but I would do a complete reboot of your PC. Sometimes things get hijacked and wont release without a reboot.
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Are you running Essentials? There should be additional options between "gateway address" and "Disable Alarm.com."

Try using a different IP address from the previous bridge. I'm wondering if the system is still holding on to that address??

Probably not your issue but I would do a complete reboot of your PC. Sometimes things get hijacked and wont release without a reboot.
    This continues to be a problem. It would VERY MUCH help to have better logging or troubleshooting information that tells us more than "An error has occurred"!

I had to change to use repeater address (no multicast) and save the repeaters. then change BACK to multicast, switch to the Connect Bridge tab and save again. Why?

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello. Thank you for posting your questions on the support forums. "An error has occurred" is usually caused by telnet log-ins. The Connect Bridge requires an available telnet login to successfully activate and connect. If you see the message, "An error has occurred" please go to Settings > Integration and delete one of the existing telnet log-ins. Thank you!