Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vacancy sensors behaving like occupancy sensors

Vacancy sensors behaving like occupancy sensors

I have rooms set up with PowPak's, Pico dimmer switches, Vacancy sensors and DayLight sensors. Why do the lights come on before the PICO switch is touched?

I think you are posting in the wrong forum.

I'm having trouble figuring out which is the correct forum. My system has radio control PICO switches, radio POWR savr occ/ vac sensors, Daylight savers and a vive hub for two zones. All control 0-10v led's. Which is the correct forum to post questions?

Lutron Technical Support
    It sounds like you have Powpaks which are commercial devices, you are currently in the Caseta Wireless section of the forum. In the future please post underneath the General Commercial (https://forums.lutron.com/forumdispl...ral-Commercial) when discussing the Powpaks and its components. At the moment it sounds like your sensor is detecting your motion as you enter the room forcing the lights to 100% before you can touch the Pico remote.

There are 2 type of RPS sensors - occupancy/vacancy and vacancy only. If you have occupancy/vacancy and want vacancy only you will have to go into the setup and change it.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

No. I have vacancy sensors only in these locations. Scenario one... only a vacancy sensor and a pow pak linked to a VIVE hub. The vacancy sensor turns the lights on just like an occupancy sensor would. Scenario two ... a PICO dimming switch, a pow pak, a vacancy sensor and a daylight sensor. The lights come on when I walk in the room. They are supposed to come on when I hit the switch. I have a vacancy sensor, not an occupancy sensor.

Check the labels on the sensors you have. Either someone sold you the wrong thing or they got mislabeled. The action you are describing is what an O/V sensor would do.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

That's the weird thing. It is a vacancy sensor only. But it behaves like an occupancy sensor. In scenario 1, there is no switch, so I don't know what the architect had in mind to turn the lights on. But the Vac switch does turn them on. ???? And in scenario two, I have four offices where the vacancy sensor turns the lights on. There are PICO switches that work as well, but it's supposed to be manual on and vacancy sensor off. All of these offices work just like occupancy sensor have been installed. Scratching my head.