Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: VIVE issue with dimming

VIVE issue with dimming

I have two zones on the VIVE hub. One zone has a Vacancy sensor only. The other zone has a pico dimmer switch and a vacancy sensor. Both zones have the RMJS-8T-DV-B Pow Pak. The zone with the pico switch has been set up through the VIVE hub to dim the lights in that zone to 50% when the vac sensor times out. It works fine, except the lights come on full before the switch is touched. The vacancy sensor is acting like an occupancy sensor. The other zone is set up the same way except there is no PICO switch paired in. This zone will not dim to 50% when the vacancy sensors time out. It's full on or off. The vacancy sensors act like occupancy sensors and turn on the zone.

I think you are posting in the wrong forum.

Lutron Technical Support
    It sounds like you'll need to review some of the settings for the areas sensors. (Vive Programming guide - https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...041571_Web.pdf). The first zone on the Vive hub which we'll call Zone 1 seems to be working right save the sensor is acting as an Occupancy rather than Vacancy. Page 20 of the above programming guide gives a breakdown of what you'll be doing programming-wise. The other approach is to simply change the setting on the sensor itself per the sensors instructions (https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...r%20041315.pdf). The second zone on the Vive Hub which is going to be called Zone 2 looks like the Un-occupied light level was never setup for the zone. Also, the RMJS-8T-DV-B for Zone 2, are you able to manually use the button on the Powpak to dim the lights or is no 0-10 volt load tied to the Powpak in Zone 2?

sorry. new to the forum

Zone 2 ....I can dim the lights in zone 2 from the pow pak or through the VIVE hub app. The customer wants the lights to dim to 50% after 15 minutes. Then go up to 100% when occupied. I have a vacancy sensor and pow pak only installed in this location and it works just like any occ sensor would with no dimming. I did set up the dimming to 50%, but it won't time out to a dim status, only off. Zone 1 .... They are not complaining, but the lights go full bright when the vacancy sensors sense motion. Why doesn't it need to be turned on manually?

Lutron Technical Support
    Open up the Vive Programming guide first - (https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...041571_Web.pdf) Once you have that open go to page 20 & 21 to refer to a diagram of adjusting these settings. Barring that, you could follow the instructions laid out here in the RMJS-8T-DV-B installation guide - (https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...ary/041588.pdf) and setup the Minimum light level on the second page of the installation guide. This will let you setup a 50% brightness level whenever this room is unoccupied. Zone 1- The sensor is not a vacancy sensor, it's an occupancy sensor. You'll need to change the mode on the sensor itself to fix that.

Thank you Adam. I was able to get it worked out with your help