Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Garage Door Lear Car2u and RR-VCRX

Garage Door Lear Car2u and RR-VCRX

I have a customer who has a Cadillac Escalade and Chevy Tahoe that have what I thought were home-link transmitters but look now to be from a company GM owns called Lear and the product is Car2u. I can get almost no support out of the Car2u people so trying to figure out if anyone else has run into this problem of not being able to get the unit program to a RR-VCRX. I can program the Car2u product just fine with the users garage door remote but when I try to program to RR-VCRX it doesn't recognizance it. Any ideas as it looks like this is standard equipment in GM vehicles for the last 5 years.

Thanks,

John

Last i checked, Lear Car2u is a non-compatible competitor of Johnson Controls' HomeLink. I dont think cars equipped with Car2u will work with Lutron's HomeLink compatible VCRX. Gotta use the Lutron car visor in those vehicles. I guess its analogous to the Z-wave vs Zigbee vs Clear Connect battle for RF lighting control.

3. Likes rapamatic liked this post

Question I have the same issue, but for a QS system...

did you ever resolve this issue? If so, I would be interested in how you fixed this...thanks