Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Switch Roll type on Sivoia QS Triathlon shade?

Switch Roll type on Sivoia QS Triathlon shade?

I have a shade that is a normal roll that is mounted on a door and recently added a Baldwin smart lock to the door, which gets in the way of the hembar on its way down. It kind of bumps it and corrects itself, but I think a better solution would be to somehow switch the roll to a reverse roll type. I'm just wondering if this is a possibility without buying a whole new shade. This is just for my personal shade, not a customer's, so I don't mind tweaking it or getting creative in doing it. I'm guessing one way would be to roll it all the way out, remove the fabric from the roller, roll it all the way back to the "open" position, then reattach the fabric going the other way, then set the limits again. Just need some ideas from anyone that might have tried this before.Thanks

I had some older QED shades that the tape holding the fabric came loose. I was able to retape them.

Lutron does offer Triathlon with reverse roll but only with no facscia. I'm not sure if you can reverse roll with the fascia in place.

If you reset the limits the shades are smart enough to which way they need to turn to get to where they need to go
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    Unfortunately, there isn't any way to convert a regular roll Triathlon shade to a reverse roll in the field. The shade would have to be requoted as a reverse roll. Reverse roll Triathlon shades are not able to have fascia.

I think a better solution would be to somehow switch the roll to a reverse roll type.

Switch Roll type on Sivoia QS Triathlon shade? - Lutron forums.lutron.com › showthread.php › 16191-Switch-It kind of bumps it and corrects itself, but I think a better solution would be to somehow switch the roll to a reverse roll type

Thanks for thisd

great post thank you