Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Compatibility question Homekit/Echo/Lutron App

But one of the vendors is Beverly Hills Electric, and I got a couple of switches from them. Also check out 1000Bulbs.com. They look legit.

Lutron Technical Support
    Originally Posted by Automate
    I bought a really cool LED light fixture and the supplier just said that I need a 1-10v dimmer and suggested the DVSTV 0-10v dimmer.... do you know the Caseta version of this?

There is no Caseta dimmer that will directly control 0-10V loads. The only way Caseta currently has to control 0-10V is to use the PD-10NXD dimmer, and wire it to the GRX-TVI 0-10V interface. http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ry/grx-tvi.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    I spent a lot of time researching this space before committing to a Caseta system. I came to realize these important truths:

1. Lighting control is a subset of home automation. While many lighting control systems blur the lines by offering more functionality than just lighting, true home automation will require an overarching whole-house system (i.e. Crestron, Control4, etc) to tie all of the pieces together. While Homekit aspires to simplify this, there's considerable debate in the pro world whether this will ever truly become a reality (though it will certainly raise the bar for most people).

2. Compatibility. If you ever choose to go the whole-house automation route, all of the major automation systems are compatible with Caseta so you can just layer it on top. Caseta controls the lighting sub-system and the whole-house system controls it. In addition, Caseta works with many other systems. Make sure you get the Smart Bridge Pro. For the extra $50 it gives you a lot more integration options down the road.

3. From a hardware standpoint the Caseta system is rock-solid and reliable. While some of the competing systems are flashier, when it comes to the fundamentals (i.e. dimming, switching, wireless connectivity, etc), you really can't beat Caseta.

OK, on to your questions:

1. There is no overlap between PRO devices--they are functionally different so only use them where you need them. Take the dimmer as an example: the PRO version supports a mechanical 3-way switch and 1,000W (vs. 600W for the regular dimmer). If you just need an on/off switch then your only option is the PRO switch.

2. For best results you should use the Smart Bridge over Wink. To get Homekit functionality you would still need some other device/hub/etc, but honestly I'm not sure what your other options would be. It seems like the Smart Bridge checks all of your boxes, so that seems like a no-brainer to me. As to your other questions...

For local control (i.e. not attached to an automation system) you can mix and match Maestro products. That's what I did in my bathrooms where I wanted to control my exhaust fans with a timer switch. Also, I didn't see a reason to spend the money to be able to control my exhaust fan light from Caseta. This seemed like a local control-only kind of light so Maestro was perfect. I also used a Maestro motion sensor dimmer switch in my powder room so the light come on when you enter the room. Again, I didn't see a reason to use Caseta here. You can see some finished pics from my installation at the thread linked below:

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...ation-COMPLETE!

Hope this helps!
    Are maestro light switches compatible with HomeKit control?

Quote Originally Posted by Aztor View Post
    Are maestro light switches compatible with HomeKit control?
    Aztor, only caseta dimmers and switches are compatible with HomeKit, when using SmartBridge v2.

deleted this post because after posting I realized the thread was over 3 years old and it would not get a reply
    Last edited by Bruce0; 12-26-2017 at 06:26 PM. Reason: trying to delete the reply because thread is 3 years old

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12