Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Works with Ring - What about Radio RA2?

Question Works with Ring - What about Radio RA2?

The recent "Works with Ring" announcement specified that it works with "Caseta, Caseta Pro, and RA2 Select".

https://business.lutron.info/webmail...066e58f1dcbcbe
    https://www.casetawireless.com/ringWill

Will Radio RA2 work with Ring as well? If not, does anyone know why that is the case?

Thanks, Stan

Not currently, and I wouldn't hold my breath. Lutron doesn't let RA2 integrate with many "consumer" home automation products because they think it is not something high-end customers want. I think they should have the option for the consumer/installer to decide themselves, but apparently not. This is the same thing as Smartthings/Harmony and more. Many people (including me sometimes) use 3rd party to bridge some of these gaps. I don't think you could do a 3rd party version of the Ring integration without a pretty powerful platform (Crestron, C4 etc).

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by evankirkhart View Post
    Not currently, and I wouldn't hold my breath. Lutron doesn't let RA2 integrate with many "consumer" home automation products because they think it is not something high-end customers want. I think they should have the option for the consumer/installer to decide themselves, but apparently not. This is the same thing as Smartthings/Harmony and more. Many people (including me sometimes) use 3rd party to bridge some of these gaps. I don't think you could do a 3rd party version of the Ring integration without a pretty powerful platform (Crestron, C4 etc). Hope this helps!
    Here! Here! Hard to explain to a customer why their "high-end" system doesn't have the features of one they can by at Home Depot.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks @evankirkhart - I guess I am stuck in “high-end” jail for the time being. 😭

Caseta is a consumer grade system and has different requirements than those with RA2 systems.

I have a DoorBird D202B that is connected to my automation system. When the doorbell is pressed, I can tell it to turn on lights via the automation system's RA2 driver. With my "high end" system, I would not want the DoorBird integrating directly with RA2. Even with my system, I use it to control some lighting scenes because RA2 cannot do complex logic.