Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Triathlon / RR2 Low End Limit

Triathlon / RR2 Low End Limit

I just added a Triathlon Roller to my RR2 system and I've set up and installed Lutron shades for other jobs and in your class here locally. However, the included instructions did not work for attempting to set the low end trim.

Instruction set says press shade button and the LED will illuminate and stay on, but mine does not stay on. I proceeded with the instructions to hold open and raise button on my pico and that didn't do anything either, please advise. It seems like I cannot get the shade into programming mode.

Is there a way in the RR2 software to adjust the low end trim, like you can on the dimmers? I didn't notice any.

Last, I was hoping to use the day light sensor, but see there is still no provision for it in the RR2 software.

Observation: You use to have the Pico for shades only listed in the shade section of the RR2 software. It's still there (& additionally with keypads) but defaults to "Light" instead of a "Shade" Pico when selected out of the shade section product group. It took me a minute to adjust the engraving to finally get it to program to shades. I know this was a point of confusion before, but I don't think you made it any better. If selected from the shades group it should at least default to a shade operation and engraving.

RR2 9.2
    Inclusive
    Main Repeater current version

Yes, you can set shade limits from the software. I don't have it open right now - but check in the top menu under I think "Tools"?

3. Thanks paulhanks thanked for this post
    Thanks, I see it there now. You would hope there would be some consistency and just right click the device/shade but hey, at least we can do it. Wondering now if the manual limit instruction didn't work because it's RR2 integrated (software programmed).

>Tools>Set Shade Limits

For others reading there is also a tool for setting speed / alignment there

paulhanks-
    The IHA tool for setting speed/alignment can be tricky. Best to work with the shade provider to ensure this is set at the factory. This tool is used when people forget, or shades are ordered at different times.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The key here is that the Triathlon Roller/Honeycomb shades act differently once they have been assigned to a system (Homeworks QS, Radio RA2, or Caseta Smart Bridge). Once assigned, when you tap the button on the shade, the LED will only stay on for a few seconds. If it does stay on for a minute, the shade has not been successfully assigned to a system (troubleshooting tip).

Once the Triathlon shade is assigned to a system it no longer recognizes any PICO that was directly assigned to it, nor can you assign a PICO directly to it. The PICO would be assigned to the system, then linked to the shade or shades via programming. Limit setting would then also be done from the 'Tools' tab in RA2 and Homeworks software, and from the App in Caseta (since it doesn't have 'software').

Quote Originally Posted by Tim S. View Post
    The key here is that the Triathlon Roller/Honeycomb shades act differently once they have been assigned to a system (Homeworks QS, Radio RA2, or Caseta Smart Bridge). Once assigned, when you tap the button on the shade, the LED will only stay on for a few seconds. If it does stay on for a minute, the shade has not been successfully assigned to a system (troubleshooting tip).

Once the Triathlon shade is assigned to a system it no longer recognizes any PICO that was directly assigned to it, nor can you assign a PICO directly to it. The PICO would be assigned to the system, then linked to the shade or shades via programming. Limit setting would then also be done from the 'Tools' tab in RA2 and Homeworks software, and from the App in Caseta (since it doesn't have 'software').
    Thanks everyone, I was also hoping to use in conjunction with the Daylight Sensor, but that doesn't seem to be available in inclusive yet....