Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Scheduled scenes NOT working anymore

Scheduled scenes NOT working anymore

My caseta wireless system had been working flawlessly for the past 6 weeks and now my scheduled scenes aren't executing. my manually activated scenes that I created can all be manually turned on, but the scheduled ones don't turn on at the set times! I checked the time zone, I tried unplugging smart bridge and router and power cycling and updated the iPhone app and restarted phone and logged out and back into app. Someone please please help me

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Veejay View Post
    My caseta wireless system had been working flawlessly for the past 6 weeks and now my scheduled scenes aren't executing. my manually activated scenes that I created can all be manually turned on, but the scheduled ones don't turn on at the set times! I checked the time zone, I tried unplugging smart bridge and router and power cycling and updated the iPhone app and restarted phone and logged out and back into app. Someone please please help me
    Veejay,
    Can you please send us a feedback file from the app, while you are on the same WiFi as your system?
    Do this by going into the Settings menu in the app, then go into Help, then choose Send Feedback. In the body of the email, type in what you have written here, and we'll try to figure out what is happening. Also, it will help if you list a couple of the times the events should happen.

I've had caseta dimmers for about a year but only recently set up scheduled scenes. I haven't gotten them to work. Was there a solution to this?
    Last edited by Cbarksdale; 09-29-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automatic=scheduled

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbarksdale View Post
    I've had caseta dimmers for about a year but only recently set up scheduled scenes. I haven't gotten them to work. Was there a solution to this?
    We recently discovered an issue that affects automatic scenes. The long-term resolution will come through a firmware update in the next couple of weeks, but we were able to come up with a work-around for you to use in the meantime. The issue occurs when the Smart Bridge and the router reboot at the same time, and that can be caused by something as simple as a brief loss of power. Fortunately, we have tested a workaround that will allow the Smart Bridge to get the correct time, which in turn, will allow you to utilize the automatic scene functionality.

Power-cycle the Smart Bridge WITHOUT power-cycling/rebooting your modem or router. It is also important to verify that there is internet access on the Wifi network that the bridge lives on before performing the power-cycle. This can be done simply by navigating to a webpage on a phone/tablet connected to the same Wifi network as the bridge (with cellular data turned off).

You can verify that the bridge was able to get the correct time by performing the following steps: Install the bonjour browser application on your mobile device or PC and connect to the same network as your Smart Bridge. Then, look for "_lutron" service and under that check "ST_STATUS". The status should be either good, bad, or lost.

If this does not work, it’s possible that your bridge isn’t able ping out to the internet to do an internet check. The internet check is done via ICMP, which is a network layer protocol. Sometimes this is blocked by a router, proxy, school, or business (usually not blocked by an ISP). We are currently working on a different (and better) way for the bridge to accomplish these checks.

The reason you wouldn't have experienced this issue on the previous firmware version is because the internet check was not a prerequisite for time clocks, but now it is. You can check to see if pings are being blocked by completing the following:

Using a computer on the same network as your bridge, open a command prompt and type “ping www.google.com” (or any other website) and hit enter. If you get 100% packet loss or an error, then the pings are being blocked.

As mentioned before, we will have the long term fix in place within the next couple weeks, but we would like to get you up and running utilizing a workaround in the meantime.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I too cannot get my caseta scheduled scenes to work. Very frustrating. They will not turn on.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinsurrey View Post
    Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I too cannot get my caseta scheduled scenes to work. Very frustrating. They will not turn on.
    Have you tried power cycling the bridge?

Another thing you can try is making sure the Location setting in the device, Settings --> Lutron --> Location is set to "Always", and then go into the app and go to Settings -> Advanced --> Time and Location, and choose "Save" in the upper right corner.

Thanks so much Brian W. It the the Time and Location setting. Once I went in and saved it fixed my problem. Thanks very much!