Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Unresponsive dimmers/switches - GRX-3106

Unresponsive dimmers/switches - GRX-3106

Hi there.Every few weeks, but increasingly so, our satellite dimmer/switches just stop responding. Their little LED lights stay on, but they cease functioning otherwise. The only way we can turn lights on or off is to use the main zone panel. I've tried doing the reset thing where you hold down two of the buttons on the main zone panel, but this doesn't seem to solve the issue.Any ideas what could be the problem? Often if one zones in the house becomes unresponsive, all the zones in the house do (but not always I think).Any guidance greatly appreciated, thank you.

Incidentally, called Lutron and spoke to their legacy tech support team. They didn't have any ideas other than the usual hold-two-buttons-on-the-main-panel and try to get it to reestablish connection with the satelitte switches.At that point they tried to hand me off to their Homeworks team (I'm not even aware if my system is a Homeworks system?!), wherein I was on hold for 20 minutes and then the hold line went blank on me and hung up. Brilliant experience all around!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post mrpetrov.

We do apologize for the issues you encountered with your system and your experience with our support line.

It seems like we may have encountered some hardware issues on the Grafik Eye 3106. Are you aware if this Grafik eye talks to HomeWorks Processor or is it just stand alone? If you are not sure we would recommend emailing in to systemsupport@lutron.com and we can setup a time to have an agent call you and troubleshoot this further. If possible please provide as many pictures of the hardware that is installed to ensure we get the correct agent for you. Hope this helps!

The first thing that comes to mind is that the low voltage power supply in the GRX is failing. You can add an external 12v power supply. Lutron sells them (GRX-12VDC I think). Any 12v DC power supply should work. You should disconnect pin #2 on the back of the 3106 but keep 1, 3, & 4 in place. The external power supply would connect to pin #2 (power) and pin #1 (common) anywhere in the low voltage chain.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Enhanced Essay Writing with Comprehensive Services for generating all-encompassing thesis statements has elevated my academic writing. My essays now exude clarity and coherence like never before.

Considering Write Paper For Me for your academic needs? It's crucial to delve into reviews. They provide insights into their credibility, quality, and overall user satisfaction.

Writing essays is a rather labor-intensive process, so I would recommend turning to professionals title generator for essays essayshark tools who can do your work instead of you

Thanks for the help. It is a great option to utilize. I saw people are searching for the best options available, and when I check this link right here now to Check This Out what it is, I found the solution that I can use.